911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

What's it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What's it worth?

My brother has an '89 cab that he's considering selling. He lives in the Chicagoland area. He doesn't hang out much in P-car circles and has only a vague idea of values. It's Guard's Red w/ Cashmere, 20K original miles and he's the original owner. Stored in winter, never driven in rain. It's basically 'showroom'. Don't know the option list, but I think it's pretty well optioned. Always dealer-serviced, nothing neglected, everything freshened periodically irrespective of the mileage.

I gave him my opinion, but I figured I'd ask the experts?
Old 04-04-2007, 07:39 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

87 - 89 G50 cars are getting BIG dollars these days. As i live in Canada I won't state values but the millage is low to .. you will certainly here from the " low milage is bad " crowd as things have dried out , etc, but I think you will find someone will snap that up in a heartbeat.

try going to the classifieds here on rellist to give you an idea. I am sure a few guys will chime in with offers of dollar values.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Barry: Your brother is in an enviable position! The '89 3.2L Carreras are amazing, and it sounds like your brother has the best of the best. Try some different resources like SCM (Sports Car Market Magazine), and "carsthatmatter.com", Dave Kinney's appraisal masterpiece. Always remember that no price list can perfectly peg a car to be worth $xxxxxx.xx, but they provide a great starting point. I'm not in the buy/sell game, but I can tell you with certainty that the car, as represented by you, will be in the top 5% of any list that you look at. It's the right color, has legitimate history, and, as ice stated, should bring big dollars.
Pete
Old 04-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Daniel Dudley
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a 30,000 + car. Some dealers could get way more, but I'm not sure what you should start with. Of course you want it in A+ condition.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:19 PM
VinnyC
Racer

I'm no expert but Its hard to find low mileage cars like that ESPECIALLY from the original owner. If it is truly in showroom condition with no paint work or stories, and he's got the window sticker and all records to prove the low miles, I think $30K could be conservative.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:34 PM
CN
Escapee
Rennlist Member

With those low miles, if the rest of it matches low mile condition you could get mid 30's. list for $34-36K and take $32-$34K.

Quick Reply: What's it worth?