Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

First race for my 911 - no whammies!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 03:07 AM
dsmith
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First race for my 911 - no whammies!

Well, I got my car teched and log booked Friday night (still need to add a fuel test port), and had its first SCCA race Saturday morning at MSR Houston. Quite possibly my worst race conditions ever. Horrible rain that delayed the event a couple hours, 2 laps only (due to time) of blinding water spray for qualifying, and a race that had a total of 7 cars off track stuck in the mud, 4 on the first lap! I avoided the first turn carnage and at least kept the beast on track for the 4 green flap laps that were able to get in. At least I won my class and now hold the lap record for ITR! Of course, I was the only class entry...

Here's a couple of pics of the car ready to race. Someday, I'll finish the website documenting the build. Basically, it's a stock 83 sc with safety equipment and interior/ac delete. I did a couple of Gulf colored stripes to spice up the brown exterior.

http://www.angelfire.com/tx3/webtesting/Race911sc.html

David
Old 04-02-2007, 03:48 AM
JV911
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on your first race mate!

Looking forward to my first PCA sprint in May
Old 04-02-2007, 04:04 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

JV,

went and spectated at a PCA speed event at our local california speedway this weekend. What a rush. good clean fast cars. must have been 30 on the track at a time. GT1,2,3 i'm guessing?? wow

douglas,

'88 911 cab ven blue met
Old 04-02-2007, 10:01 AM
srf506
Three Wheelin'

Congrats on the race. I really like your innovative tow hook! The car looks great, and i was really suprised at how good the Gulf stripes looked on the brown. Have a great season.

Jim P.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:59 AM
oregonmon
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What color is your car? It looks very similar to mine which is copper brown metallic. Don't see that color too often and I think your accent colors work. Congrats on your and good to hear you didn't get into any trouble in the rain.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:21 AM
dsmith
Racer

Originally Posted by oregonmon
What color is your car? It looks very similar to mine which is copper brown metallic. Don't see that color too often and I think your accent colors work. Congrats on your and good to hear you didn't get into any trouble in the rain.
thanks, it's 662 rauchquarzmetallic. my high school colors were orange/brown, so i know that would be ok. the blue just had to work, and did. my friend said, "i couldn't visualize it, but you were right, it looks good."

personally, i hate the brown. i hated the brown interior too (that was near perfect) so much i dyed it black. it was offered to me for $10k and i almost didn't buy it cuz of the color! ultimately, that didn't stop me.

next races: May 26, June 9.
David

Quick Reply: First race for my 911 - no whammies!