Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Child's car seat solution for back - cost only $2

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 10:48 AM
gunlover05
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Child's car seat solution for back - cost only $2

Guys, my son LOVES to ride in my 911. Problem is that his car seat wouldn't work well in the back - the springloaded rear seatbelt would catch if i stopped quick, but when i stopped slower, like at a stop sign, his seat would rise up and he would be end up with his face on the back of the passengers seat! Needless to say my wife didn't go for that. I could put his seat in the front securely, but then my wife didn't want to be wedged in the back seat. So i needed a solution for his car seat in the back. Solution cost me $2 and I feel it is completely secure.

Went to Northern tool and found two thick steel brackets in a pack with the exact right length and hole size (trailer section of the store) for the seatbelt bolts that attach to the car. I wanted to use the clips with the car seat, so all i had to do was heat and bend the one for the middle of the car and left the other straight (probably could have left both straight really). I also had to grind a little off the end of the bracket and round the edges so the clip would snap and leave as much steel there as possible.

Results are VERY secure and now momma, daddy, and little kid can ALL enjoy the 911 experience together!

Last edited by gunlover05; 05-31-2007 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:04 PM
MTBGUY
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Gunlover- I used your idea to the letter, went to Northern tool and did exactly like you did. I even painted them with black laquer paint so they blend in perfectly. These are much stronger than any latch system I've ever seen!

GREAT WORK!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2007, 01:43 PM
NoVaGator
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MTBGUY
Thanks Gunlover- I used your idea to the letter, went to Northern tool and did exactly like you did. I even painted them with black laquer paint so they blend in perfectly. These are much stronger than any latch system I've ever seen!

GREAT WORK!!!!!!!
Hey MTB....do you have the SKU number of the part you bought?

There's no NT near me, so maybe I can get the same item online.

Might it be Item# 12539W?

Quick Reply: Child's car seat solution for back - cost only $2