Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Can you do a rebuild on your own?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by murphyslaw1978
I look at the quick depreciation on the 996 and see opportunity instead of it being a problem. It just means that the used ones are more affordable to me.

Damn Straight!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Pingo
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by murphyslaw1978
It depends on how mechanically inclined you are. Have you taken anything apart? When I was a kid, I took everything in the house apart, including VCRs, remote controlled cars, blenders, etc. When it came time for my first engine (1949 Chevy straight-six), I was ready.

That's me you are talking about
Old 03-13-2007, 07:45 PM
glenncof
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan my projects in great detail, almost excessive but this reduces surprises. This takes lots of time, maybe x4 longer than actually doing task. Note that I said "reduces surprises" and not eliminate. You gotta have the confidence to be able to work thru anything you find.

A rebuild class sounds well worth it. This forum and the Pelicanparts "engine rebuild" are also worth the time to study (like using 10 month to prep).

I like to work in stages, break-up the project. This gives me time to think about the next stage and if there is anything I should do in previous stage to improve.

Quick Reply: Can you do a rebuild on your own?!?!?!