Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Mid TN fun run - let's set a date!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:52 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Mid TN fun run - let's set a date!

Let's pick a Saturday in April. I know you can never pick the perfect date, but maybe we can get as many interested as possible.

So, the dates to choose from are: 4/7, 4/14, 4/21, 4/28

Those interested, please email me your date preference at vanweys@charter.net, or post here with your email address. We are trying to get together an email distribution list.

We are also still trying to decide for sure where to drive. One of the guys on the 993 list might be able to help with this, but we will let everyone know asap.

Thanks! Look forward to meeting all who can make it.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:21 AM
Ron Minson
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am there on any of the dates assuming that the car is out of the shop and running. BTW i did just send you a PM with my phone number. The guys from the 993 page are very active in this area and we should be able to get a good group going. Give me a call and we can work out some of the details

Ron
Old 03-13-2007, 01:28 AM
bjzorn
Canadian Yankee
Rennlist Member

Ron,

Just sent you a PM with my number let me know if I can help out in anyway

Brandon j
Old 03-13-2007, 09:13 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Brandon,

Did you get my message yesterday?

Ron and Brandon et al,

As far as dates go, I think the last weekend of April is out. I know Midsouth Region (Memphis) is having their first DE of the season, and I think that is the weekend for the Mitty in Atlanta as well.

I am still looking for a suitable route. I think a meeting spot should be no problem to find, just somewhere convenient to the drive. I am not really keen on the Trace. I looked yesterday online to search for other scenic drives in Tennessee. Most of the ones they list are in the eastern part of the state. Any ideas? Also, those who have more experience with this stuff, how long or far of a drive should we plan for. I do not mind it being an all day event, but that may not be for everyone. I myself will have to drive a couple of hours to get to Nashville. Looking for more ideas for the drive. If you find something, shoot me an email at savanwey@tva.gov, or vanweys@charter.net. Please include a map if you can.

Thanks guys!

Shane
Old 03-13-2007, 09:16 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

After I read that email I last posted, I started wondering about this idea. Is there anyone in our area planning on going to Atlanta for the Mitty. It would be my first time, not to Atlanta, but to the event. Maybe a Tennessee caravan. I think that you can reserve space by club, etc. We could reserve space for the Tennessee reps. Maybe this would be a separate deal altogether, as it is a whole weekend of activity and not a day drive. What do you think?
Old 03-13-2007, 10:25 AM
bjzorn
Canadian Yankee
Rennlist Member

I know when we did drives we didn't have a set route or time we would just drive. they usually ended up being about 2 hours total and we usually did the same area just because we liked it. all in all we would meet at the XXX Root Beer Drive in at 8 AM and have a 2 2.5 hour get together with breakfast/Show n Shine then we would go for a drive and be back at the XXX by about 12:30-1:00. Maybe we could do a drive into KY and maybe do a stop off at teh National Corvette Museum?

Brandon J
Old 03-13-2007, 10:31 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sracer
I know when we did drives we didn't have a set route or time we would just drive. they usually ended up being about 2 hours total and we usually did the same area just because we liked it. all in all we would meet at the XXX Root Beer Drive in at 8 AM and have a 2 2.5 hour get together with breakfast/Show n Shine then we would go for a drive and be back at the XXX by about 12:30-1:00. Maybe we could do a drive into KY and maybe do a stop off at teh National Corvette Museum?

Brandon J
A dozen or so 911's rolling into the Corvette Museum... that would be an awesome sight!

Is there a nice back road up to Bowling Green from Nashville? Doesn't the old US31 go all the way. Not sure what kind of road they are. Anyone know?
Old 03-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,724 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Oh, I can't wait to do my Blue Ridge Parkway trip on the motorcycle July 4-8th.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:18 PM
bjzorn
Canadian Yankee
Rennlist Member

yes US31W does go all the way to Bowlng Green and its a pretty nice trip. 911's can't forget us watercooled front engines guys as well. talked to a ladiy I know over at teh Vette Museum today and she said if I let her know in advance that we can use the Winner's circle in front of the Museum or we can Have "Porsche Only Parking" if we let them knwo soon.

Brandon J
Old 03-13-2007, 02:32 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Brandon, that sounds like a fun ride. If not this time, then another. I am going to try to cross post that info to see what others think.

Thanks for the input.

Quick Reply: Mid TN fun run - let's set a date!