Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

!!!IT'S A FAKE!!!87 FACTORY SLANT NOSE CABRIO FOR SALE W/PICTURES

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

OK, fake is a bit harsh. It is real steel. and the previous owner seems to have represented to the broker that it was factory. he told me today when I called that everyone that calls about it keeps asking if the paperwork says 505. he says he has pulled the car off the floor and is taking it back to porsche for further inspection. nothing would make me happier than to find out it is a real special wishes program car.

anyway chime in...

douglas
Old 03-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Get a grip, that's an '87, it's listed as a 5 speed. To my knowledge, all slants were Turbos? There were no 5 speed Turbos in '87, only in '89. You do the math.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:51 PM
fixnprsh
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Motor Carz Direct is a good company, when I was at the dealer, and at Vision, they usually bought everything needed.

As far as a slant nose, most were fake, and at the price advertised, it wouldn't be real

But if you like it, and are OK with it, its your car and money, it won't appreciate much, but it likely wont depreciate either
Old 03-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

does anyone know if this car is back on the floor forsale again?

douglas

'88 911 cab ven blue met
Old 03-13-2007, 04:25 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you have gotten a lot of good info from some of the folks on this forum. Just offhand, the front air dam is wrong, there is no jack lifting port in the rocker panel, I don't know if it has the oil cooler in the passenger side rear fender (should be inside the air scoop), and the 87 came with a four speed "930" transmissioln...not a 5 speed. The 5 speed came in 89 and was hydraulic...the 87 has a mechanical clutch. This car is not the slantnose "M505" option code designation. Keep looking...they're out there. Chuck
Old 03-14-2007, 02:16 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a dealer. Dealers are in the business of making money. They are not stupid, so when a very valuable car comes up at a ridiculous price, it's a storied car. With the advent of the internet, basically no one is going to get a stupendous deal on an online-advertised car. There may be some few and far betweens, but not many.

Just my $.02. Also, a PPI on an air cooled Porsche from an authorized dealer is a freaking joke. Unless you know the mechanic doing it does work on air cooled cars, the dealer doesn't know their *** from their elbow, even with 964s or 993s, let alone 3.2s. Find an independent that deals in air cooled Porsches to perform PPIs or use the dealer PPI at your peril. As seen here, it passed a "101 point inspection with flying colors" and it's not even a real slant nose.

Soapbox off.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:33 PM
bmcallister
Instructor

What the hell is the purpose of this post? I want the last two minutes of my life back. If you want to post, douglas, please post either a question or a topic that can be responded to.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:49 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Ouch! get off the pipe. So a fiew hundred guys that watch autotrader every week see a car and express an interest in it, so what? real or fake? are we going to go look or not? when I first posed the question there was NO PHOTO!!!!! Hello . . . we were curious about the dealers claims. on the phone he said it was a "real factory slant" the PO wanted to "update" sounded fishy and I didn't want to wait for the photo. I drove to san diego, the car was miami vice sexy, and a great find if you don't mind it not being original. everything else is just good conversation on what could have been. now take 5 more advil and edit your post before i'm not the only one smiling.

douglas

'88 911 cab ven blue met
did I mention the palm trees?

o.k. who hid the car? it's gone. . .did some poor un suspecting soul buy it? did someone buy it for his wife 'cause she liked it? what? somebody call...then we can drop all this madness

Last edited by Amber Gramps; 03-15-2007 at 03:07 AM. Reason: no link...it must have sold
Old 03-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

If the dealer stated that it was a factory slope nose then he was commiting fraud. I looked at the ad and it never stated "factory" anywhere. Thus, no fraud was done. If you step back, look at the car for what it is/was, and look at the price the conclusion must be drawn that it was not a factory job. Keep in mind that many aftermarket modifiers of these cars into slope nosed cars do first rate work, so you have to keep that in mind. But also realize that you won't get something for nothing.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:58 AM
sslandry
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bmcallister
What the hell is the purpose of this post? I want the last two minutes of my life back. If you want to post, douglas, please post either a question or a topic that can be responded to.
That's pretty funny. Just for that I have made a few phone calls and have been authorized to add 2 minutes to your life.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:20 AM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

This one was a "fake", but was an all steel conversion, except the slats in the ducts which were wood. Made no difference to me at the time, or to the guy who bought it. i would truly love to have it back.

Quick Reply: !!!IT'S A FAKE!!!87 FACTORY SLANT NOSE CABRIO FOR SALE W/PICTURES