Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

shipping a 911 - PA to OR

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2001, 12:32 PM
blueribbonracing
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post shipping a 911 - PA to OR

I am purchasing a 911 from a fellow lister and want to have it shipped out to Oregon from Philadelphia. I would love to do it in an enclosed carrier but costs are too much. I could fly out on free airline miles and drive it back but the cost for an open carrier vs driving with gas and motels are about the same. Any body have any carriers that they have used and feel good about?
Thx
Jimmy
60 356 Cab
87 Targa (in transit soon- one way or another)
Old 11-15-2001, 01:30 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally posted by blueribbonracing:
<STRONG>I am purchasing a 911 from a fellow lister and want to have it shipped out to Oregon from Philadelphia. I would love to do it in an enclosed carrier but costs are too much. I could fly out on free airline miles and drive it back but the cost for an open carrier vs driving with gas and motels are about the same. Any body have any carriers that they have used and feel good about?
Thx
Jimmy
60 356 Cab
87 Targa (in transit soon- one way or another)</STRONG>
HI Jimmy:

We've used Concours Transport out of Gig Harbor Washington with excellent results.

Great service and fair pricing.
Old 11-15-2001, 02:42 PM
JSD
Intermediate

Thumbs up

Are you in luck ?! I just had my 911T shipped from Alabama to LA last week. Cost about $800 - door to door - and took about 5 days. Company was a referral from a fellow Rennlister and really worked out for me.
They are on the internet and you can get a
rough estimate by putting in the zip codes for the cities. My experience was very positive:

A AAA BEST CHOICE CAR CARRIERS
LAKELAND FL 800-442-3433
Chuck McMann x237

Good Luck
JSD
911T
Old 11-15-2001, 03:38 PM
steve911
Addict
Rennlist Member

I used Dependable Auto Shippers to move mine from TX to CA - $1250 for enclosed, door to door transport. worked out very well.
Old 11-16-2001, 02:19 PM
Jdub
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you decide to ship it go to a new car dealer and request the stickon foam that you see on the new cars. It is reusable and will protect your finish. Don't go overboard as the driver of the truck may be liable for any of the material that flies off.

Or, drive it! Have the soon-to-be PO flush the oil and have the valves done unless they are OK at this point.

Then drive across the country. You'll have a great time, plenty of listers you can hook up with across the continent, and especially nice will be the fact that you ran the car at sustained high speeds. There is nothing better for a Pcar than to be driven hard and over long periods. Frees rings, flushes out deposits, etc. with a few bottles of Techron.

Get into home and flush that oil and check the valves again, and you have a better car for the experience. I'd also consider a bra for the highway to avoid chips. (You might purchase one anyway and have it fitted prior to any x-country shipment.)

Jw

Quick Reply: shipping a 911 - PA to OR