Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911 is sputtering, help me!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 09:34 PM
R. Santore
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face 911 is sputtering, help me!

i have a 3.0 liter turbo, and i havent driven it for a few weeks.. well i went to fire it up and immediately it just sounded sick.. it idled fine but when i would rev it, it didnt sound like it was running under full power at all.. it has done this before, usually when gas was a tad low, but would always clear up right away.. this time it didnt clear up at all the whole way home.. i got on it once, and it made its full bar of boost but it sounded very sick and felt very sluggish.. it just has this stuttering/sputtering feeling when you rev it or drive.. anyone ever dealt with this or know what it might be? ill toss this up on the 930 board too but you guys know everything so i thought i'd check here first =) thanks for any help!
Rob
Old 10-01-2002, 01:14 PM
scottb
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Spark plugs? Maybe run a bottle of Techron through it.
Old 10-01-2002, 02:35 PM
Von Kiser
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much gas was in the tank when you last drove it? If it wasn't full, and since the seasons are changing, I would say you have water in your tank due to condensation. If your tank was full at storage...well...I would say you got bad gas or you have a loose spark plug wire. But anyway if your tank is less than full...go get some "dry gas" treatment, Techron treatment and dump both those in and then go and get a FULL tank of CHEVRON Premium gas (93+). Now drive the car for at least 30 minutes to an hour.

I am now a firm believer in CHEVRON GAS...that is all I will run in all of my cars. Its the ONLY proven gas that actually cleans and helps your engine. My 944 had a sputtering problem while it was at a cruising speed. This happened right after I got it 6 years ago and I replaced everything fuel related with the same results. I then went to my P-car mechanic and he told me to only run Chevron gas...well I really didn't put that much faith in it...but I followed his advice. Every since that day I never had another sputter out of that car. One gas that will make my car sputter EVERY time is BP...I don't know what they do to their gas...but it is something that my car does not like.

Just my 1/50th of a dollar,
--Brian
Old 10-01-2002, 11:07 PM
Edward1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fuel filter?

Edward

Quick Reply: 911 is sputtering, help me!