Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Fuchs Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 02:37 PM
Joseph Mills
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would also suggest checking with Mike Lindsey in Oklahoma City. He is well known for making fuch "centered" wheels of any size, but they also do really nice repair/restoration of stock fuchs.

I've looked at severals sets he's done for Corey Jump at Planet9eleven and they were perfect.

Joseph Mills
88 Carrera
AXhound

69 911E -
75 914-4 -
Old 02-26-2007, 08:43 PM
scottb
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rbuswell
BTW still haven't heard from Al ... six months and counting.
Maybe rather than ranting about an unreturned call from six months ago you should consider picking up the phone and calling him again. My guess is that you'll get a sincere apology for the call not being returned last year.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:01 PM
rbuswell
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe I will ...

Originally Posted by scottb
Maybe rather than ranting about an unreturned call from six months ago you should consider picking up the phone and calling him again. My guess is that you'll get a sincere apology for the call not being returned last year.
... but I won't hold my breath.

I've written ad nauseum about this topic in other posts. My sense is that the Al Reed defenders are for the most part people who have personally met Al and Diane. You and I, scottb, have cross-flamed a few times before about Al. It makes perfect sense that you would defend them because they are undoubtedly very nice people that you enjoy working with in keeping your car beautiful. I'm sure that if there was a well thought of vendor that I've done business with in Denver and met face to face and you couldn't get through by phone, I'd defend them to the nines as well ... you know, make it your fault.

The fact remains that a simple incoming call log with my number on it dozens of times should exist in their shop somewhere. If it doesn't, shame on them. Maybe they're embarrassed to call back after all this time but they should anyway. If Al was in fact ill, putting an announcement on their voicemail greeting about his illness could have put my mind at ease that they would call back eventually. I just can't fathom a successful business that ignores paying customers' incoming calls. I'm sorry.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:10 PM
scottb
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rbuswell
I just can't fathom a successful business that ignores paying customers' incoming calls. I'm sorry.
Al's business is extraordinarily successful. He has a national reputation.

I think you should send your wheels to Harvey Weidman or Wheel Enhancement. You'll pay more, but you'll get the customer service that apparently is so important to you.

Yes, I've met Al and Diane, and they're lovely people. It's truly a little mom-and-pop shop in an industrial park. Apparently Diane paints the center caps by hand in their kitchen. They don't have a large operation, and I suspect they don't have a sophisticated call log system.

Call Weidman or Wheel Enhancement. They'll take good care of you at premium prices. For my hard-earned cash, however, I'll stick with Al.

Quick Reply: Fuchs Wheels