Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Battery Question - Please HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 01:26 PM
okolexx
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Question - Please HELP!

I have a 1969 911e that needs two new batteries. Does anyone know what type/brand of battery works well? I've heard that Optima Batteries are great but have also heard that there is a big difference between the YELLOW and RED tops. What is the correct size and type of battery that I should be looking for. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 02-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Dan in Florida
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by okolexx
I have a 1969 911e that needs two new batteries. Does anyone know what type/brand of battery works well? I've heard that Optima Batteries are great but have also heard that there is a big difference between the YELLOW and RED tops. What is the correct size and type of battery that I should be looking for. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!!
Get the Red Top. Make sure you have the correct hold-down bracket to secure it. You can do a search here regarding the bracket.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:20 AM
PC2
Burning Brakes

You have several choices depending on your need and configuration. To keep the 2 battery system, you can use 2 Odyssey PC680MJ. To convert to one battery, you could either go with 1 Optima RedTop or 1 Odyssey PC1200MJT like the first picture below from Elephant Racing .

On my own car, I've converted to one battery using the Odyssey PC680MJ and stuffed it into the smuggler's box. (2nd Picture)
Attached Images   
Old 02-11-2007, 02:12 PM
redz350
Rennlist Member

Sonneshein make gel batteries that are a direct fit for your car. I got mine from Lauderdale Battery, in FL, and have been very happy with them.

Quick Reply: Battery Question - Please HELP!