Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

It's been two weeks....update please.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:13 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great Job Jaime - we're going to have the same rear but my front will still be in a training bra (slant).

Looks wonderful - also did you get the brake ducts Hank sells for the rear quarters? My stuff from AIR had the inner intake built in, but I think from looking at hank's catalog that the brake duct might have what you're looking for.

Again, looks fantastic!
Old 10-30-2007, 09:24 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Guns951
Great Job Jaime - we're going to have the same rear but my front will still be in a training bra (slant).

Looks wonderful - also did you get the brake ducts Hank sells for the rear quarters? My stuff from AIR had the inner intake built in, but I think from looking at hank's catalog that the brake duct might have what you're looking for.

Again, looks fantastic!
Hank told me I could add that later... so for now I will work with what I have. But yes, planning to install those later on.

Have not done much. Work has kept me busy these past few weeks and work travel will keep me from working on it during the next two weeks... There has been activities (car related) every weekend here in Orlando (or close by) so that does not help . Between the stuff I have to do at home and with Rennsport III this weekend I will not be doing anything to the car this week either... if I can squeeze some work in the afternoons I will post photos.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:04 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Measuring for the new wheels...

I would like to use 335/35/17 tires for the back and 275s for the front...

Also doing some clean up in the garage... it is a mess!! must organize and clean... (posters were a donation from jimq!!)

Last edited by Wachuko; 11-04-2007 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Jaime, Where does the "wet/dry" filter go? Are you also getting ready for a reef tank? I am up to my eyeballs in a minireef. I have an 85 gallon main tank a 20 gallon sump, a 50 gallon refugium, 400 watts of 14K M.H. lights, (I don't remember how much over the refugium) 2 power compact actinics, a huge skimmer, chiller, powerheads up the wazoo, and use 2 1/2 gallons a day in R/O top off water. The tank has been two years with out my having to do much more than scrape the glass and empty the skimmer. Go glass, go shallow, and go overboard on equipment. I have 100's of very happy euphelias...and yes, your car looks great.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by douglas bray
Jaime, Where does the "wet/dry" filter go? Are you also getting ready for a reef tank? I am up to my eyeballs in a minireef. I have an 85 gallon main tank a 20 gallon sump, a 50 gallon refugium, 400 watts of 14K M.H. lights, (I don't remember how much over the refugium) 2 power compact actinics, a huge skimmer, chiller, powerheads up the wazoo, and use 2 1/2 gallons a day in R/O top off water. The tank has been two years with out my having to do much more than scrape the glass and empty the skimmer. Go glass, go shallow, and go overboard on equipment. I have 100's of very happy euphelias...and yes, your car looks great.
Aquarium thread

I have had the tank for more than 6 years... without water, in a corner, just waiting... one weekend we decided it had been sitting long enough and went out to get the stuff that was missing to get it going.... that wet/dry got replaced by a glass sump... since my wet/dry was purchased 6 years ago I don't think they will take it back .... so it sits in the garage waiting for me to decide what the heck I am going to do with it...

Here are a few photos...

Using this instead of the Wet&Dry...

From that photo I have replaced the lights with and added two shrimps...

Nemo, Marlin, Dori, Bubbles, Jacques, and Jacques Rouge + cleaning crew...

72g Bow Tank, Euro-Reef RS-80 Skimmer. Current Gamma UV 15w Sterilizer, MagDrive 9.5 pump, 48 inch Current USA SunPod 2x150W 14K HQI-MH w/ 18 Lunar Lights , 75 GPD Ocean Reef +1 RO/DI
Old 11-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

If you don't mind the hijack, I'll post some pictures of mine when the DSL comes back up tonight. (We only have DSL at night 'cause we are 30,000 feet from the terminal. or that is what Verizon tells up) I should do an "off topic" thread.

EDIT: what a jerk I am....I love the set up. It's as much about the set up as the animals. You have nice equipment. and the addition of the lights will bring all kinds of life out of the rocks. don't tell anyone but we got some cool calerpa off West Palm Beach a couple of years ago. My uncle lives on Lantana Island a couple hours from you. Keep it up and enjoy it. Your kids will find all kind of cool little animals to watch.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Douglas, no problem with the hijack

Here are a few photos of stuff done today to the car... small stuff since I have been cleaning and organizing the garage...

Hood pins installed

Carbon fiber hood rod installed:

Last edited by Wachuko; 11-04-2007 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

great link. What is an LFS? Funny thing is about all that technical stuff is I have no Idea what it is. I haven't tested my water in a year and a half! I have no idea if I even have salt in the water....
Old 11-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by douglas bray
great link. What is an LFS? Funny thing is about all that technical stuff is I have no Idea what it is. I haven't tested my water in a year and a half! I have no idea if I even have salt in the water....
Local Fish Store
Old 11-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

I posted a link in OFF TOPIC to "My reef tank for Wachuka" now I see it is Wachuko...hope you'll still look.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:06 PM
merrick
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jaime,
Wow! Thank you for posting this! I just burned the last hour reading through this transformation. It is going to look amazing!
Old 12-07-2007, 06:53 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks good Jaime! Glad you are getting some use out of the posters
Old 02-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Well.... holidays, work travel, and honey-do-list has kept me away...

I even had to redo all the measurements for the wheels...

A few photos to keep this alive while start working on it again...

Part of the reason to measure again is that I was not keeping the hub at the same height... remember Pythagoras' Theorem? Anyway, finally got the right numbers and sent them to Jeff Alton ( the folks that are building the wheels). Going with Kodiak racing wheels.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

No updates. I am still waiting for the wheels to arrive. I need to mount tires and wheels to the car to validate clearance with the rear qtrs before I glue them...

I hope to see the wheels in the next two weeks (do you guys remember the movie The Money Pit.... when asking the contractor when it will be done they always said "In two weeks"... )...

Quick Reply: Pending Projects and a few Qs?