Does Anybody know this car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 02:36 AM
bjzorn
Canadian Yankee
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does Anybody know this car?

Does any local lister know this car? its been for sale for some time. Looks nice They say its Peru Red. I have never heard of tis color before perhaps a Special wishes color.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=303967

Brandon J
Old 01-29-2007, 10:44 AM
panchosouth
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Re: Jones Autowerks.....I would feel pretty confidedent about the service done on the car if it has been thru their shop for service. I purchased my 89 951 based soley on their say so (speak with kathy) and also had it serviced there. I was very happy with the car, and Kathy knows whats what. She'll be able to give you the low-down about the car. 16K seems high to me....but thats my 2 cents...also, you might ask Kathy if she knows of anything for sale...good luck!
Frank
Old 01-29-2007, 10:45 AM
panchosouth
Rennlist Member

Jones Autowerks is in San Antonio btw.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:11 AM
bjzorn
Canadian Yankee
Rennlist Member

16K seems high to me too. I have to sell my current 944S2 first but I firgure given the low milage I think If I offered 12K for it that wouldn't be a bad buy.

Brandon J
Old 01-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

PPI must include cylinder head stud inspection on this car! Also, car does not have Carrera Tensioner upgrade, the leather dash is starting to look pretty bad and I wonder what's hiding under that steering wheel cover? On low mileage cars always check the dates on brake hoses and tires! Make sure that A/C works (depending on how the car is represented) because that relacement (black) York compressor is not the best way to go. Also, the engine compartment insulation blanket appears to be missing, and I think that I see paint overspray on the front trunk seal. Also, regarding paint, are the outside mirror seals black, or were they painted over (hard to tell in the pics)? PPI, PPI, PPI!
Pete
Old 01-29-2007, 01:19 PM
panchosouth
Rennlist Member

Re: Car and Jones Autowerks...I should have mentioned this earlier...ask Kathy what she thinks of the car....she will tell you exactly what she thinks, and damn the torpedos....
Old 01-29-2007, 02:11 PM
bjzorn
Canadian Yankee
Rennlist Member

I noticed that this car didn't have the Carrera Tensioner. It only mentions Pop-off valve. If I get serious about this car I will do a PPI of Course. Also I am wondering why a 41K car, had a complete resrpay. Thats a big red flag to me

Brandon J
Old 01-29-2007, 02:40 PM
panchosouth
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sracer
I noticed that this car didn't have the Carrera Tensioner. It only mentions Pop-off valve. If I get serious about this car I will do a PPI of Course. Also I am wondering why a 41K car, had a complete resrpay. Thats a big red flag to me

Brandon J
I agree. sounds like someone bonked something. Honestly, the car makes my *** itch. I would suspect that for that kind of money you could buy a well sorted out 911 all day long. without a lot of head/*** scratching to boot.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:52 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 136 Posts

I can't understand why a 1980 SC never got the tensioner upgrade to oil fed. That tells me the owner was just plain cheap. If that's an indication, look for shortcuts in other areas.

Quick Reply: Does Anybody know this car?