Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

73 RS Clone EBAY Removed

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 11:11 PM
faster
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation 73 RS Clone EBAY Removed

Heads up...If there is anybody on this forum bidding on the 73 Black and Green RS Clone. Just be thorough in checking it out and make sure they are legit. I bid on the car a couple of months ago and i believe it was located in CA. I bid once and forgot about it. A week or so later I recieved an email that the winning bidder backed out and they would accept my one bid 10 to 12K, dont remember. I knew that was to good to be true and didnt give it any more thought. I saw it is relisted and now in Florida, but using the same original auction ad and pics from Ca. I emailed them and asked if it was the same car and I have not been answered. The feedback shows 1 and they sold a car, but the sellers contact number was an Arizona prefix ?? Just dont want anybody here to get stung, just in case.

Read my other post below.

Last edited by faster; 01-04-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:24 PM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good catch - maybe you should report your concern to ebay & let them look into it - no harm done if it is legit. (& your post time is a good start to the NY...)
Old 01-04-2007, 08:02 PM
faster
Rennlist Member

I recieved this answer back today (4 Jan 07) in regards to it being listed in CA. before.

Question for item #220066993760 - Porsche : 911

Hello,

I'm really sorry for this late reply but I've been very busy lately and away from a computer. The price that I want to obtain is $7,200 (including shipping and insurance charges). The price is considerably lower then others on the market because I need to sell it really fast.
The car has all the services done at the dealership. The vehicle was never crashed, abused or raced. I always garaged it and serviced it, kept very good care of it!. The vehicle is currently located in Parrish FL, but unfortunately I am in San Antonio, TX planning to open a business here and I don't think I can come sooner then next month. However I can arrange for the paperworks from here and I can talk to a shipping company to deliver the vehicle to your address.
I think it's impossible to buy a vehicle for such a big amount without having an inspection first. So I had a look on eBay and I saw they could help us with this. Since the transaction worths a lot of money they've suggested to make the deal only through eBay so that we won't have any problems.
If you decide to buy all the papers are ready,just needed to be signed by you.
If you decide not to buy for a serious reason(of course after the inspection) then you can just ask the shipping company to send it back to my address with no extra cost(shipping is payed in advance by me).I think this is the fastest,safest and most fair solution we can have.
If you are interested to purchase the vehicle please provide me the following information's:
-your full name and address for shipping
-your phone #
If I receive the requested information you will be informed by eBay during the next hours with details about your purchase.

Thank you,

Michelle Lindgren

Last edited by faster; 01-04-2007 at 09:53 PM.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Danny_Ocean
Pro

SCAM! Run away...
Old 01-04-2007, 08:47 PM
faster
Rennlist Member

Ohh yea, i havent been even the faintest interested since the first email awhile back. i am worried about the people that have it run up to 13k...
Old 01-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Danny_Ocean
Pro

Where is the current auction? The auction # you provided is invalid...?
Old 01-04-2007, 09:14 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a popular scam and a problem eBay has...

I had the same thing happen to me on a 993 I was around the 4th highest bidder on. Smelled really bad and I never got a reply to my less than pleasant email reply
Old 01-04-2007, 09:24 PM
faster
Rennlist Member

They must have pulled it, i cant find it. it was the nice looking Black 911 with the bright green Carrera decal down the sides.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:30 PM
VinnyC
Racer

I'm only 10-20mins away from Parrish, maybe I should go get it for $7200
Old 01-04-2007, 11:10 PM
faster
Rennlist Member

thats a good way to make $2800. when its in your driveway P.M. me and i'll be down with the cash!! did you see the car when it was listed? is that your white RS?

you have a P.M. with her email address

Quick Reply: 73 RS Clone EBAY Removed