Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Does anyone know about this DME chip?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 09:29 AM
Kiwi01
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Does anyone know about this DME chip?

I opened my DME to install a SW 911chip and discovered I was not running a stock chip. The old chip had the 2k jumpers and had a white label w/ TECHNIK printed in red. It had 911 Carrera hand written on top, no serial numbers.

The car is a 1985 911 coupe w/ 136,000 miles. It has lived its entire (as far as I can tell) life in Texas, specifically the San Antonio area. I have most of the maintenance records from the previous POs, but none of them refer to a chip or DME change. 80% of the maintenance records are from Jones Autowerks in S.A. The rest are mostly receipts for parts with the work being DIY by the last PO or myself.

Does anyone know anything about the old DME chip, history, possible origin, design objectives, etc.?

The car ran strong with the old chip but was missing something in the low and mid range RPM. The SW chip runs smoother in these ranges. Startup is about the same. Top end seems to be about the same. I will run with the new chip for a few weeks while I decide if I will keep it or not. In the mean time I would like to find out where the old chip came from.

I posted on Pelican also but have not had any response.

Any help is much appreciated ...
Old 12-10-2006, 02:04 PM
madmmac
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Revo Technik is a chip/software aftermarket supplier.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:33 PM
ron mcatee
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have the name and phone number of the PO here in San Antonio?
Old 12-10-2006, 03:09 PM
Kiwi01
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for the responses ...

Yes, I do have his contact info and I will try to contact him. I just thought I would try the board first since it has been a couple of years since I bought the car.

I also found Revo technik w/ a search but have not found any discription of their chip or their label.

I will keep looking ...

Quick Reply: Does anyone know about this DME chip?