Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Replacing Window Scrapers on 911C2

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 12:56 PM
Sailswish
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Replacing Window Scrapers on 911C2

Have just received right and left outer rubber window scrapers to replace the ever shrinking originals. Thought it was an easy "push into place" installation, but the piece of rubber which anchors the scraper in the channel is a rather large triangular ridge which doesn't look like it wants to be squeezed too much. My question is, does the black metal strip which lays across the top of the body of the door need to come off somehow to provide access??
Old 04-01-2002, 01:36 PM
FRQTFLR
Intermediate

It sounds as though it is the same as my car, '83 SC, and is very easy to do. I rolled the window down and then used a very stiff putty knife along with a rag to prevent scratches and pried the black trim up from the inside out. Mine popped right out. Then the old trim slides out of this black trim piece and the new one slides in. Then just snap the trim back into place. Good luck!
Old 04-02-2002, 12:11 PM
Sean Hamilton
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G'day Bob,
When you say "from the inside out" I assume the door trim removed?
Can they be removed without removing the door trim?
Old 04-04-2002, 06:48 AM
FRQTFLR
Intermediate

Hey Sean,

I don't think you would be able to slide the old rubber trim out and new one in without first removing the trim from the car. Although it would not be the first time that I went about fixing something the hard way. (who reads directions?)

Let me try and clarify this. I rolled the window nearly all the way down and then sitting inside the car, wedged the putty knife/rag between the trim and the door skin and then used the window as a pivit point. Although you could just twist the putty knife and get the same effect. Once you pop the trim up in one section, it is very easy for the rest to be removed. Good luck!

It really is very easy, I just make it sound hard...

Quick Reply: Replacing Window Scrapers on 911C2