Rolex Update....

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 02:43 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Arrow Rolex Update....

Greetings...!!!

As many of your know, our Member in good standing, Barry S. (bschultz2@cfl.rr.com) has generously offered to make Rennlist Name badges for those attending Rolex this weekend. I think there are a total of 150 or so badges, and Barry has already pre-printed many of these for when you arrive. (Please note - that you will NEED a Rennlist badge to gain access to the closed Member Only meeting with the Racers Group Team described below. I'll be announcing the time of this meeting both in an ADMIN post as well as when you pick up your badge..).

Since Rennlisters have been, ummmmm... "disfranchised" (it's PC if you don't know what it means;^) from the local PCA region's area, please now plan on coming by and pick up your name badge at the ThaList/Suncoast/Rennlist RV which will be parked near, or with, the Racers Groups Team's RVs. You can probably spot our RV pretty easily as it has HUGE graphics which says "SUNCOAST PORSCHE - THALIST - RENNLIST". And our RV should be strategically placed very near the paddock area;^) If you see a cheery, distinguished looking gentleman handing out badges - it will probably be none other then Rennlist's own Don Schoonover of 911 list fame...

As you know - the team we (Rennlist/Suncoast/Thalist) are Sponsoring is the same one that Porsche is backing with their factory drivers, and there will be a total of 3 Porsches with the Racers Group. Therefore, the closed Rennlist Member meeting will provide you with a unique chance to meet and see the Racers Group Team and their cars "up close and personal"...

On a personal note, I've been getting a LOT of questions as to whether Jen and/or I will be there - and if we are, if there will be an opportunity to chat? You BET! As of last evening, Suncoast Porsche is assisting to defray some of our travel expenses - so both Jen and I will definitely be there on early Friday afternoon! Yooooo hooooo!!! Thank you Suncoast! To help show our support, please surf over here:

<a href="http://www.e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=P" target="_blank">Suncoast Parts Pages....</a>

And browse around. Heck, maybe you'll see something that you just have to get! Or heck - just e-mail the parts folks and tell them that you will be buying something from them when you need it.. Heck - just e-mail them (panderson@automaxplus.com) and say "Thanks" for supporting Rennlist!

Finally - since I'll be there with Digital camera and computer in hand - WATCH THE LIVE UPDATES from the race throughout the night (even while Speedvision isn't broadcasting). The URL will be posted to all the lists and Forums as it was last year - and pictures will be uploaded as quickly as I can from the pit and paddock areas....

Both Jen and I look forward to meeting the hundreds of Rennlist Members and enthusiasts throughout our three day stay at the Rolex 24 hour event.. And - GO RACERS GROUP!..!!

John D.