Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

turn signal and hi beams

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 08:59 PM
mrtoro
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Default turn signal and hi beams

i picked up a great sc with minimal issues. one of them happens to be a malfunctioning turn signal lever. It will revert to high beam when cancelling. Is it the lever that needs to be replaced. do you know where I can pick one up?

cheers
cenk
Old 11-06-2006, 10:12 PM
ulrichd
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the thread "wants to go to hi-beam" below.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:40 AM
HarryD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same problem last year. It is a common problem. Has to do with the power for the headlamps going through the contacts on the stalk. You can attempt to adjust the contacts to correct this problem. Many have success, but if not, you will need to replace the switch. To prevent the problem from returning, you should install a set of relays to power your headlamps. Marus Sucro (here at Rennlist) offers a kit as does Dainel Stern (www.danielsternlighting.com).

You can find information on repairing the switch by using the search function here. Use search terms like headlight turn switch and see what you find. Hours of interesting reading. A very good thread is on the Pelican BBS (http://forums.pelicanparts.com). It is titled "turn signal switch quick fix pictures " has pictures and everything.

Quick Reply: turn signal and hi beams