Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Stock speaker info

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 06:17 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Stock speaker info

Can someone give me a quick answer as to what speakers came stock in eth 911SC's? Mine is an 1983 cab. I need size and location please. Ordering new ones but car is not here yet.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:39 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From memory, I went with larger than stock on mine, but they fit with MINOR modifications (your mileage WILL vary, depending on the speaker design / mfg'r you choose, not just the "size").

On my 84, I believe I have 5 1/4" Infinity Kappas up front, and 6 1/2" Kappas out back in the side pockets. There are no back decklid speakers on the Cab, just the doors & the rear side pockets. Those sizes are from memory. Stock, the rears were TINY (like 4" round or something ridiculous).

Can send you a photo of the top-down interior, showing the locations later tonight if you want (pic's taken, but it's at home & I'm stuck here at work waiting for my Windows Server to reboot).

The rear pockets are a cardboard / fiberboard makeup, and you can easily open the hole for a larger dia. speaker.

I also can't speak highly enough of the cheap, drop-under-the-seat Clarion SRV303 7" powered sub... slides right under the pass. seat, adds a little extra bass which is noticeable even with the top down.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:51 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Fred.

Thanks alot. This helps alot. SO the Clarion fits under the passenger seat with no porbs. That's nice... I was going to either use the BassLink from Infinity up under the hood, or just get the best sounding 6.5's I could find. I think Crutchfield says that 6.5's will fit up front, may still have been a 5.25 stock though. I will look into the Clarion. If it is not too much trouble to send the pics, that would be great. Car won't be her until end of week.

Thanks again, Shane

Quick Reply: Stock speaker info