Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Rennlist Discussion Forum Enhancements...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 11:16 AM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Post Rennlist Discussion Forum Enhancements...

I am pleased to announce two new enhancements to the Rennlist Web Forums.

As many of you have noticed, you are now able to choose a picture (Avatar) for your Registered User Name. Currently, there are approximately 1,400 Avatars to choose from. If you would like to use an Avatar, please click on "my profile" and the "View-Update Profile", and you will see a selection area for your choosing one. Enjoy!

Second - at the bottom of the opening page of the <a href="http://forums.rennlist.com/scripts/rennforums/ultimatebb.cgi" target="_blank">Rennlist Web Forums </a>, you will see a new "Statistics" area. These statistics are compiled from October 22, 2001 and are for the Rennlist Discussion Forums only - and do not include hits/views to any other Rennlist Web-Servers or sites or any e-mail list discussion areas/servers. However, in just the past three months and few days, here are some mind-boggling statistics from these Forums:
Total Page Views: 4,520,544
Total Posts: 78,521
Total Topics: 11,950
Total Registered Users: 5,089

Now you understand why I get so concerned about the performance of my servers, networks and systems..!!

My Best to All..!!!
Old 01-28-2002, 11:45 AM
CN
Escapee
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

The Avatar idea is great but I want an avatar of my ride, how do I go about that?

Also, what's with all the Pokemon pics?

Don't get me wrong, I think you guys are doing a great job and I really enjoy the site. The Mall site could use a "Members Rides" section in the Photo Archives area.

Keep up the good work. Membership is certainly worth the price of admission.

Cheers,
Old 01-28-2002, 11:46 AM
Bill H. Ocala Fl.
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Great Idea John.
Old 01-28-2002, 12:30 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by CN:
<strong>The Avatar idea is great but I want an avatar of my ride, how do I go about that?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hi CN..!!

Also - I'm now getting a little swamped with requests for personal Avatars - so let me post a public reply to several off-line notes...

I know the selection of 993s, 944s and 928s is really, umm "sparse" So - if anyone has some pictures we could use as avatars - please - email them to me at admin@rennlist.com .

Additionally - if you would like a picture of YOUR car as an Avatar, please also send it to me in an e-mail admin@rennlist.com along with your Board User # (like mine is (#4)) and your Rennlist Member Number. Since I have to manually make/upload the Avatars to your User#, I need to limit "personal" ones to Rennlist Members only (sorry!).

If you are a member, and send me a picture - I'll e-mail you privately that it is all set for you. When you get notified it is set up - you will see a "Custom" selection in your Avatar selection - and that is your personal car as your Avatar which no one else can use..!!

Now - about the Rennlist Rides - I REALLY LIKE that idea!!! So - let me take a look at some programming ideas I have (as you know - I'm the entire Rennlist Programming/Admin/support "staff" - so my time gets a little frantic - but I think a Rennlist Ride section would be terrific!!!

Best to you!

(OH - I've been informed that the "F-16" Avatar is really an "F-18" - so I'll be changing the name of that Avatar.. So much for my aircraft identification skills!!! )

Quick Reply: Rennlist Discussion Forum Enhancements...