Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

new to me update, the leak is not the lines..

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 06:29 PM
DBrisson
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to me update, the leak is not the lines..

Have a small when running leak, the engine has been cleaned and it looked to be a valve cover but it is coming from the back of the heads. Its not bad but enough to be noticed.

So from searching the forum its either the oil tubes, the switch on top of the motor leaking down, or the heads themselves are leaking. I cleaned the tubes to see if it comes back there, I also made a smal channel out of sheet steel and metal compounded it to the heat exchanger so the oil would drain away and not pool and smoke or risk fire.

I can not see anything on top of the motor to tell me its the switch or sensor leak, is a partial drop the only way or can you remove the alt and cover to get to it? The top cover looks clean, and both are already the turbo valve covers.

While decent with cars this thing is tight in the engine compartment, can not get to anything..

Db
Old 10-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Please tell us where the oil contacts the exhaust...
Pete
Old 10-09-2006, 10:39 PM
DBrisson
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The front corner of the passenger side heat exchanger. The drip is at the very corner of the head valve cover area.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:44 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

Db I think I have a similar leak. I checked my oil return tubes and they are fine but it looks like it is coming down the back side ? If yours is like mine you will get a drop right at the bottom of the head. It looks like where a bolt comes through . I have been strugling with this one also. At fist I thought it was the oil returbn tubes but now I just don't know..

Quick Reply: new to me update, the leak is not the lines..