Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911 -83 dash pad removal?

Old 09-27-2006, 08:44 AM
PostVW
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 911 -83 dash pad removal?

Need to refresh the dash pad in my 911 cab from -83. But I don┤t know how to remove it. Do i need to remove the windscreen first? What is holding the dash pad to onto the car, studs, nuts or what? From where do I reach these nuts/studs -do I need to remowe a lot of things around?
Old 09-27-2006, 10:10 AM
theiceman
Super User

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I am pretty sure you have to remove the windsheld as some of the fasteners are right down at the front, Someone posted a pic once of all the fasteners but that was a while ago.

Sorry I can't be more help
Old 09-27-2006, 06:51 PM
glenncof
User

Mine was covered by a shop but everything I read says pull the windshield. BTW, mine was done when the car was 10 years old and the rubber around the windshield had to be replaced adding $200.

As luck would have it, shortly there after I got a stone/crack and insurance replaced windshield with $100 deductable. The rubber would have been covered under insurance.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:25 PM
e911
User

Remove one form my car a number of years ago - parting it out. From my ever increasingly faaulty memory .

Yes, the windshield/screen must come out to remove.
Also think you must remove some of the side trim pieces and maybe the knee pad, not sure we were dismantling the entire car.
Mine was held on with nuts and studs - but pretty easy to get off. You will break some of the plastic studs/? but easy to replace.
Overall it pretty easy - just take your time.

Hope this helps
Earl

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: