Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Joined the ranks of the air-cooled crowd today

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 02:26 AM
SeattlePorsche
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations on your fine ride! After I bought my air cooled car, I started working on it, and now I am a Porsche mechanic addict! But your car looks like it won't need any work on it for a long time...
Old 06-10-2006, 03:16 AM
SeattlePorsche
Pro

Oh Chuck,

Got your PM. Sorry, I didn't read the last half of your last post. This is terrible. No use in me trying to guess what went wrong, because I am a relative newbie. But I am a doctor, and I would suggest getting a proper accurate diagnosis. Talk to your seller too, and see if he/she would know what went wrong. White smoke is supposed to be condensation, and not like black or blue smoke, so hopefully it is not so bad.

Don't be discouraged. Just get it fixed so you can enjoy that sweet car.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:28 AM
NiATE
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Wow! Rare. Drop top. Pretty. Fast. Congrats, and enjoy your find.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:35 PM
Ms Kita
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Chuck, have it checked out with a good Porsche mechanic. It's a real jewel, work out the issues . Each of my purschased needed a little TLC to get them running proper. Don't be discouraged!
Old 06-11-2006, 02:01 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ms. Kita...by no means am I discouraged....disappointed maybe, but the more I fiddle around with this car, the more enthused I become. I've been reading the air cooled forums for some time, but really had no sense of appreciation for the air cooled cars until I had the opportunity to now own and drive one. Now I can see what all the fuss is about....and better understand the (most of the time)good natured back-and-forth between the air and water-cooled folks. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses, but I've always been sort of a "classics" buff and the classic body styles have always held a particular fascination for me. So I'm absolutely not discouraged....as a matter of fact aside from the frustration issue of it sitting idle while I chase down what went wrong...working on these cars is therapeutic and just a whole lot of fun....just what a retired guy needs. Now I need to find a how-to manual on this 930. Chuck
Old 06-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Ms Kita
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chuck, I just pick up Adrian Streather's "King of Porsche Porsche 993 The Essential Companion" on yesterday. I wish, I had the skills and time for tinkering around more. I've installed HID head lights, changed a fuse in my 993 and installed a short shifter in my S4 Audi. I stop by my mechanic shop once a week whether my car is there or not just to see whats going on with the Porsche's and exotics in my area. I just like going by and car talking with the fella's,we have Autocrossing in common, I just started and they can't stop.

I like mod's and upgrades, but I need other to pull it off for me. In retrospect I have even fonder memories of my teenage boy friend who considered a great date working on his car all day Saturday so we could go to the track and spend most of the day on Sunday.

I am sure your going to have great time learning and exploring your new "Jewel". Keep me posted on your progress. I am a little concern over that "POP" you heard.

Quick Reply: Joined the ranks of the air-cooled crowd today