Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Updates pics of my updated SC

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Rick964
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Updates pics of my updated SC

Last month I showed pictures of my new to me 911SC. Now after adding a tail, new front spoiler and refinishing the front valance, new seats and adding some carpet to replace the rear seats with an RS look.
This is how I got it.

These are how the car looks now.

This looks odd, the flash made the new carpet look a totally different color but in natural light to the naked eye they are really really close.

I plan to have the seats recovered in black soon.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:59 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

VERY nice Rick, congratulations!
Old 05-21-2006, 10:11 PM
gpm414
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your car looks great. Half the fun of owning a 911 is making it your own. No other car makes me feel like I do when I'm driving my Porsche! Enjoy the ride.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:16 PM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

sc's are so nice. yours is amazing!
Old 05-22-2006, 03:00 AM
dmw44
Burning Brakes

Sweet!
Old 05-22-2006, 03:46 AM
SeattlePorsche
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wonderful looking car. Couple of things though:

Can you show us more pics of your interior. I would like to see what your carpet looks like now. I am restoring an SC too and I have fantasies of getting to the end of the restore and doing up the interior. Your rear deck also looks so new. Did you redo that? If so, how did you do it?

The exterior looks amazing. But the first new pic makes the spoiler on the passenger side look like it was not completely attached. Is it just the camera angle?

Your car looks lower than mine, and my alignment guy set mine to euro specs. Yours looks cooler. Are my euro specs too high, or did you go lower than euro.

I can imagine what that car must feel like to drive...
Old 05-22-2006, 10:03 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,153 Likes on 826 Posts

Rick looks great , where did you pick up your spoiler ?
Old 05-22-2006, 10:56 AM
DHinkle
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 17 Posts

Very nice...interesting seats, i like it.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:43 PM
2002M3Drew
Burning Brakes

More pics of the rear deck/carpet, please!

Looks great...I love silver SCs.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:33 PM
Rick964
Burning Brakes

The front valence is bent a bit on the passenger side, it is firmly attached but sits a bit lower. I had looked at the bracket and don't see where is bent so I have decided to leave it alone - I now call the gap between the valance and the bumper "extra air cooling for the front oil cooler"

I did not lower the car, the PO did but I would guess that it is lower than Euro hieght and is more of a track height.

The rear deck is original. just very well preserved. It was because of the condition of the interior that I did not purchase the RS carpet conversion kit and Ijust ordered 1 yard of carpeting from Pelican and cut and sewed it to fit. I'll snap some more pics today or tomorrow, but all I did was remove the rear seat backs, removed the rear seat bottom cushions and then fit carpeting to cover the exposed glue and metal from the bottom cushions. I did sew some edging around the cut carpeting to keep the ends from fraying and to better match the rest of the car.

I got the spoiler from a local PCA friend who purchased it for his C2 coupe and then decided he did not want it. It was orginally Grand Prix White and I disassembled it, had it painted, reassembled and mounted it. I sold my original deck lid to a guy in Canada.

When I redid the front valance (which I sanded, primed, sprayed with 3M Rocker Panel spray and then painted) I decided to leave the fog lights off. I like the cleaner lines without them hanging there plus I figured they would just break hitting an autocross cone anyhow. What do you guys think about the look sans lights?
Old 05-22-2006, 03:02 PM
Deanriffs
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks great - enjoy your silver ride!
Old 05-22-2006, 04:17 PM
seronde
Intermediate

I like the choice to remove the front fogs. I noticed the clean look right away. Nice car.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:06 PM
Rick964
Burning Brakes

Here's a few pics of the rear seat area. Sorry they are not great, but with the fixed back seats and harness bar in the car it is hard to get a great shot. On top of that, when I went to back the car out of the garage I found that the battery was dead - looks like the dash light above the glove box got turned on and left on somehow.
You can the rear deck area is still stock leather (or vinyl). The seat cushion area still shows up a strange color with the flash, in the darkness of the back of the car (I have a very tinted rear window) it looks pretty much the same as new, just less faded. I did order the US made carpet and not the German original so maybe that would be a closer match - but I don't really care about the pictures vs. real world viewing.

Quick Reply: Updates pics of my updated SC