Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

BUMPER RUBBER INSTALL QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 11:46 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default BUMPER RUBBER INSTALL QUESTION

how does the rubber on the front bumper go on there? It has a long piece of rubber w/ a lip in the center like a shark fin or something that looks like it would lay over the metal lip by the hood latch. Each side has adhesive on it to stick to the body but im not sure how it goes back on! HELP!!! TIA dan.
Attached Images   
Old 05-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Stevie 77 930
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I recall correctly, when I did my 73, the seal fits on the tail edge of the bumber. The grove of the seal esencially fits over the lip, while the flat part justs lays on the bumper. I also remember it was a bit of a pain because the seal "creaps" . You might consider just a "dab" of adhisive to help the process. You have to get the bumper pushed up against the body to secure it in place. Having an extra hand may help. Good luck.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:24 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

got it on there, only took me two hours...had a jack under the edge of the valance w/ a big cushion on there. I taped the seal to the bumper, then put some adhesive across the top of it, fit it into position, bolted the inner bolts up and then positioned the rest of the seal as i tightened the outer bolts. Real PITA but its done. Thanks for the advise. dan.

Quick Reply: BUMPER RUBBER INSTALL QUESTION