Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Looking to buy a pristine 911

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have got to say, that in my quest for a pristine 911, I don't think I've ever seen a car that has so many examples of a "rare" or "one of a kind" or "1 of 427" or whatever. So far I've seen rare black (?)combinations, which to me all look the same....black, rare colors, rare transmission, rare interior, rare fin, rare engine etc. etc. etc. I had no idea there were so many rare cars out there. It almost makes one think that with all those rare cars, are there any common ones left? Maybe it's progressed to the point where the common place is now rare? What do you suppose that would do to the values on the Dupont Registry?

I wonder if perhaps the folks selling their Porsches might want to use another adjective? How about unusual...or maybe seldom seen, or perhaps "medium rare"???

Submitted in jest...........Chuck
Old 05-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Miguel
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that people who refer to them as you mention ( rare and so on and on ) must be dealers...they sell p cars as they would sell rabbits or cabages....a true porschist, if forced to sell his car, would not lower himself and his car to such base levels.

If it came to that ( and one never knows what tomorrow brings ) I would just say," My porsche for sale, model this, year that, mods as such, etce etc...just as you see people here in the forums describing their cars. With loving simplicity.

Just my 2 cents
Old 05-26-2006, 02:03 AM
nixtfy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 911 was an opportunity buy which usually workss out best. I was shopping for some maintenance items for my 97' m3 sedan another rare color and combonation when I happened upon the porsche classifieds and found my 78 sc white with beige $10,000 which another member of pelican (zotman) had looked at for his brother and decided not to purchase a porsche. zotman's enthusiasim and details enticed me to look at it and get a ppi. the car was in my garage by the end of the week, Take your time, but do decide what colors and options are worth the premium ahead of time. Had my 911 been red or blue I probably would have passed on it.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:31 PM
2002M3Drew
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
It almost makes one think that with all those rare cars, are there any common ones left?

I wonder if perhaps the folks selling their Porsches might want to use another adjective? How about unusual...or maybe seldom seen, or perhaps "medium rare"???

I had noticed the same thing. I literally looked at three "rare" Ruby Red Metallic 911s (they were only made in 1983 and 1984, so maybe they are kinda rare) in the same week. I really enjoyed cutting the last guy off when he started with, "It's a rare color..."

"Ruby Red Metallic...yeah, your're right, it is pretty rare. And yours in in the best shape of the three I've looked at this week!"

"Uhhh...thanks?"

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a pristine 911