Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Luxcars.com & Porsche- Classifieds.com Scam?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 01:56 PM
shattergard
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Luxcars.com & Porsche- Classifieds.com Scam?????

Please read all way through, seems like I was almost scammed. I did a background check on the owners and one of them has long rap sheet.

M,

Thanks for your help, however it appears we will not be able to conduct business.

All the best

Jordan

----- Original Message ----
To: Jordan Frankel <pieceofmind2100@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 3, 2006 12:10:06 PM
Subject: Re: Jordan Frankel- Concerns

Jordan: Wiring funds to our account to payoff the car, having the seller take the title to his bank, wiring the funds directly to his bank after he has signed bill of sale and fedexing the signed title to the buyer is our business model. You can call our bank or go to www.filinginoregon.com to see our history of doing business in Oregon. (Lluxury Car Network L.L.C.) Oregon is one of the toughest states in the country for business transactions. If there are any questionable activities or fraud in any manner, they shut down that business post haste. This business model is fixed. We've been in business since 1996.

Mike McCoy

Jordan Frankel wrote:
Mike,

Let me begin by stating I very appreciative of all your help and input. However to be completely honest I have some concerns with regards to the transaction. First off, under no circumstances will I wire funds directly to Luxcar. In order for me to feel comfortable, the payment would have to be made to the owner of the vehicle in the form of a bank check. For this to happen I must see a front/back copy of the owners title, current drivers license and bill of sale etc.

Please understand that I am a well respected security consultant. To that extend I must follow the same advice I would offer any client. My requests have no reflection on you personally.. its just good business sense.

Furthermore, if the reason that you have requested a wire transfer into the Luxcar account is due to your firm adding a profit to the car.. please know I have zero issue with that. Honestly I believe your entitled to any fair mark-up you can reasonably obtain. With that said I would be happy to write two separate checks, one for your mark-up/ commission and one to the owner for the purchase price.

Find a way to make me feel comfortable and we can do business for years to come. Feel free to call or email me with any input.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards,

Jordan Frankel

Quick Reply: Luxcars.com & Porsche- Classifieds.com Scam?????