Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Got my car back with a new clutch in it and...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Got my car back with a new clutch in it and...

WOW!!! What a difference the new clutch makes. This car feels like a million bucks now. Smooth as silk shifting, light pressure moves the clutch pedal, transmission engages much earlier than before the fix. It's like a brand new car to me. And even though I know better, the car feels faster! I love it!
Old 05-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Jim: This is the exact response we got from many customers over many years. As a clutch ages it usually deteriorates slowly, and that process largely goes unnoticed by the owner. Then the clutch is replaced, and Shazaam! I'm happy it turned out well and hope that you get at least 60K miles of good service from it!
Pete
Old 05-03-2006, 12:38 PM
gpm414
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar experience when I bought my '86 Carrera last summer. The car had 81,000 miles on the original clutch. The PPI mechanic recommended a new clutch, and since I was driving my new baby 2000 miles to it's new home, the previous owner agreed to replace it...at her expense. When we went on a test ride the previous owner kept saying, "I can't believe it's the same car". The new cluch was smooth and took such a light touch on the peddle, she almost changed her mind about selling the car. Enjoy!
Old 05-03-2006, 02:09 PM
nineoneone
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Check this out............. I also changed my clutch last yr with the updated fork bushing and bearings. Now after a yr I notice that the pedal in the car has changed a little in regards to where it was originally (after repair (new) ) and had to pull the pedal up when in stop and go traffic not much an inch or so.... Friday morning leave the house and the clutch pedal shaft broke at the master cylinder pin . talk about pedal to the metal , lol, I was really surprised and then Porsche say's not one in the country only Porsche's has it.......... fun week. Just wondering if several of these pins might be weak from the old hard to push clutch pedal with the bad release bearing fork bushing!!! wow.

Quick Reply: Got my car back with a new clutch in it and...