Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

84-89 Carrera Coupe - rear spoiler question

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 03:45 PM
rickdm
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was also looking for one without a tail, but ended up finding a nice one with a tail. What you often get with the tail are the other options that I didn't know I wanted, but that I am now really happy to have; sport seats and an LSD. Mine is black and I have really grown to like the tail.

Regards,
rickdm
Old 04-26-2006, 12:44 PM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rickdm
I was also looking for one without a tail, but ended up finding a nice one with a tail. What you often get with the tail are the other options that I didn't know I wanted, but that I am now really happy to have; sport seats and an LSD. Mine is black and I have really grown to like the tail.

Regards,
rickdm

Rickdm,

Does your car have a front spoiler attached to the valance? It doesn't appear to have one in your avitar, but it's a small picture.

I am convinced that some narrow body cars came from the factory with the whale tail and the stock front valance (a la RS America). Does anybody know for sure?
Old 04-26-2006, 04:03 PM
stormmaster
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The RSA aerodynamics are different from those of earlier cars....From everything I have read over the years....if the car was delivered from the factory with a rear Whale tail.....it had the corresponding chin spoiler on the front to balance the aerodynamics of the car...many dealers installed rear tails without the front...and some installed the front without the rear....but the factory always installed them in pairs....this is of course excluding the Ducktail...which did not require the addition of the front chin spoiler

Quick Reply: 84-89 Carrera Coupe - rear spoiler question