Short Story - Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 03:17 PM
digger
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Short Story - Update

Guy's thanks for all the replies.

Went to look - sold 2hrs before I arrived. The guy bought her without PPI and cash so cant blame the owner. Thats three in a row bought on the day no PPI. It seems to be the way at the moment but I don't want a PPI and wont take the risk, hopefully you agree?

I will of course continue my search and hope to join you soon. Fed Up but know I will be exhilarated some time soon. - Digger
Old 04-10-2006, 12:30 AM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I read your other post about looking at 3.2's.

I almost pulled the trigger on an older 911 this weekend but lost it to someone who bought it sight unseen with a wire transfer of money. I had the money in hand, just was waiting for the owner to free up a bit of time for a final inspection.

So, it tells me that this one was not THE car. Porsche made a lot of 911's. There will be others!

If you find a car you really like, but don't want to buy it without a PPI, make an offer to the owner for a price contingent on PPI results. The next step is to give the owner a small deposit ($20 or $100 or whatever each of you feel comfortable with) to be able to hold the car until the PPI can be scheduled and completed. If the owner sells the car out from under you even with a deposit and a purchase agreement, then you didn't want that car anyway due to an owner that can't even do business correctly.

Keep searching. It really gets tiresome after awhile and it's hard to be patient, but when the right car comes around, it'll all fall in place like it should. Spring is here in the rust belt, so many more buyers come into play, so the market gets tight for awhile. Fall is typically when the bargins appear and when you have a bit more time to work on the deal.

Good Luck!

Jay
90 964

Quick Reply: Short Story - Update