Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

MSD install question

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2002 | 01:22 AM
A Quiet Boom
Racer

Post MSD install question

Intalling and MSD 6al onto a carb converted 3.0SC engine. Two quick questions. On the coil it's marked A and B which is + and - ? Is A + and B - ? As far as the distributer goes it has a shielded type wire is the core + and the shield - or the other way around? I wired enrything up so I could switch them if necessary but I'd like to know for sure before I try to start it.
Old 07-28-2002 | 04:20 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

[quote]Originally posted by A Quiet Boom:
<strong>Intalling and MSD 6al onto a carb converted 3.0SC engine. Two quick questions. On the coil it's marked A and B which is + and - ? Is A + and B - ? As far as the distributer goes it has a shielded type wire is the core + and the shield - or the other way around? I wired enrything up so I could switch them if necessary but I'd like to know for sure before I try to start it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hi:

I e-mailed you directly with detailed instructions on how to hoook up the MSD. Hopefully, that will help get you going.
Old 07-28-2002 | 04:31 AM
Elephant Chuck
Former Vendor

Steve,

Would you mind doing a cut-and-paste here? I'm considering an MSD and have installed them on other vehicles, but might benefit from any 911 specifics.

Thanks
Old 07-28-2002 | 04:32 AM
A Quiet Boom
Racer

Thanks Steve, looks like I had the trigger wires backwards. I never would have thought the shield part of the distributer wire was positive.

Quick Reply: MSD install question