Rotor/Hub bearing removal on 82 sc

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 11:20 PM
vwdrvr66
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotor/Hub bearing removal on 82 sc

Hey All,
I am looking for some ideas here. I'm working on cleaning up my brake calipers and inpecting my rotors. I would like to take off the heat shield and paint it up as well. I had no problem with the other side everything came off fine, but this side will not. Here is what is happening I loosed up The outside c clip with the allen bolt, and turned it off. I pull out the first bearing race. The hub itself was hard to pull off, but evenually poped off leaving the larger bearing race suck to the spindle. HOW CAN I GET THIS OFF???? without destorying it. Please advise.

Thanks
Eric
Old 03-17-2006, 01:55 AM
bbh03
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you reusing the bearing? If so, you don't need to pull it off. You will need to clean and regrease it however. Some sort of threaded puller would be best if you really want it off if you can get your hands on one using the center of the axel stub as leverage. Dont hammer on it. It will be ruined.

Edit: Is it the whole inner bearing or just one race of it? If its one half, you have to replace the whole inner bearing (about 10 bucks).

Quick Reply: Rotor/Hub bearing removal on 82 sc