Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

NJ Engine Drop Party

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 10:36 PM
green95ss
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NJ Engine Drop Party

Anyone in North NJ (or anywhere somewhat near Randolph) want to come to an engine drop party at my house in Randolph? I have a few oil leaks in a terrible spot (dripping on exhaust) which I'm guessing are coming from the crankshaft seal, flywheel seal, and thermostat O-ring. I also need to replace the clutch.

I've never done this before , but I am mechanically inclined and have a good set of tools ("don't worry dude, my dad's a tv repairman and has an awesome set of tools") The closest I've come to doing this kind of work is dropping the tranny and transfer case on my 1985 Toyota pickup and replacing that clutch(but that didn't even require a lift!).

I'm still on the fence on whether to keep or sell the 911, but if I can pull off this engine drop/clutch replacement, I will feel a lot more confident about working on the car myself so I might be more inclined to keep it if this all works out. We'll see...

Free food and alcoholic beverages for all who attend the party ! I will set the date based on everyone's availability (and the hope that it will be getting a LOT warmer soon).

Thanks,

Guhan

Quick Reply: NJ Engine Drop Party