Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Porsche = pick-up truck magnet

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006 | 10:14 PM
Corrales911
Instructor

Thumbs down Porsche = pick-up truck magnet

Some sociology doctural candidate should conduct a study on this...

It doesn't matter where in the hinterlands of any given parking lot I put the car I can be assured that I'll return to find a dully pick-up truck with gun rack parked adjacent. Sometimes it's a Camaro with mis-matched rims and primer spots.

I have to wonder if this behavior is intentional or subconscious, as these drivers end up walking farther to the store entrance than I bet otherwise...
Old 02-24-2006 | 10:27 PM
fixnprsh
Burning Brakes

you just need to switch locales, my area is free of dullies with W04 stickers and gun racks, or beater white trash Camaros, they must think you're a drug dealer in a car like a Porsche!

But it never fails, you can park in the back corner of a lot with no cars around for 20 spaces, come out and some jackass will have parked within 10 inches of your doors.
Old 02-25-2006 | 12:16 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

I once parked my car way out of reach and was walking ina mall and heard someone say " theres a car allarm going off out there". This was in a small ton so I new it was me . I walked out to see my lights flashing with a 75 monte Carlo parked right next to it .... As I walked up to my car ( the only 2 cars for 100 spots , I could see the quarter size dent in the side of my car. I am not allowed to say what I did as it is the first time and last time I have EVER done that .. but when I was done the Monte looked no diiferent, there were already so many scratches on it anyway ... It still burns me to this day and my wife is fed up of hearing about it every time I park my ca in a parking lot, and that was about ten years ago.

ice
Old 02-27-2006 | 05:31 PM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Around here it's not limited to pick-up trucks. And what's worse, it's not limited to parking lots. Semi's (and pick-ups) on the freeways are the bane of my existence! They always seem to find me and pull over into my braking space between myself and the car in front of me. But only when I'm in one of my babies.
Old 02-27-2006 | 09:58 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Happens all the time around here too - people must think it makes their own car look better by being parked next to a p-car.

Marc
Old 02-28-2006 | 02:39 AM
rentadate
Instructor

unfortuneatly I get the same treatment. Now I'm not stranger to gun racks in trucks, duallys and firebirds, camaros, etc...I live in "hickville." Literally I'm surrounded by farm land.

I can't go a day without some stupid person in an SUV who has put a nice ding in my door. I think after the 8th time that it happened I just said it is a fact of life that I'm going to put bondo on that one spot.

I think the worst people are the semi-trucks. They never see me there on the highway passing them.

I have tons of stories on this...and I've owned a pcar less than 1 year.

Quick Reply: Porsche = pick-up truck magnet