Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Opinions/Feed-Back/Poll-87' 911

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 06:11 PM
CurBrwn79
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions/Feed-Back/Poll-87' 911

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new suspension. Before I buy, would like to get everyone’s feed-back on my future purchase. A little back ground on my P Car experience:

I have run 2 DE's in a 944 Turbo S, which I sold due to my desire to own an early air cooled 911. I tended to be quick in my run groups-the turbo was professionally set up and had 350+ hp. I was very comfortable driving the 944 and pushing it in different ways each lap.

Many have warned me about making the transition from 944 to a 911. I bought the 944 to get use to my local track because I knew I would be more confident = more fun! I understand some basic rules regarding suspension set up, but not for the 911. I have read just about every forum regarding torsion bar+shock combos; however, not subjective to my abilities, thus where your opinion may help. The following combos are what I am looking to invest in:

-22 mm front Sway-Away torsion bars
-28 mm rear Sway-Away torsion bars
-Bilstein sport shocks
-strut brace

I will use the car for AutoX and PCA DE’s. I have a set of Toyo RA’1s, which I intend to utilize. Road Atlanta is a very demanding and a technical track. I would like a set up that is forgiving; however, something I can grow into as I become more experienced. Should I beef up the torsion bars to higher mm? Am I too stiff? I also will align the car with negative camber @ tire manufacture’s recommended settings. Is there anything that I may immediatly need to add with this upgrade that can not wait?

Feed-back and opinions greatly appreciated!
Old 02-18-2006, 07:39 PM
CurBrwn79
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll check pelican...

Last edited by CurBrwn79; 02-19-2006 at 01:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Opinions/Feed-Back/Poll-87' 911