Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

A Porsche 911 FNG

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2001, 06:12 PM
vwmike333
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool A Porsche 911 FNG

Hello everyone! I just bought my first 911 and I'm lovin every minute of it! But, because I am new to 911's, I will have lots of questions to post and appreciate the positive input from the experienced members of this forum. I frequent the vintage vw list as a voice of experience and like the ability to learn from varied folks of a common interest. Thanks in advance for welcoming me here, I want to learn and maybe help someone else someday! BTW, I have a mint cond. red(is there any other color?)1982 911SC coupe 5-spd with turbo tail and a black leather int. for use as a daily driver. Look forward to getting to know you all!!!!!
Old 11-11-2001, 06:55 PM
Stephen Masraum
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome, sounds like a great car. If you've got questions we've got answers!
Old 11-11-2001, 06:56 PM
MichaelW
Track Day

Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the family. Excellent car choice in the 82SC. Post a pic when you can!

Michael
87 Targa
Old 11-12-2001, 06:51 PM
aquabat911
Instructor

welcome and congratulations,
I have an 81 sc in white, I looked all over for a red one but couldn't find one. I guess you lucked out. I have had my car for about five years and I still am completely in love with the car. You will definitely enjoy it. If you have questions, then you are in the right place. I am continualy suprised by the amount of collective knowledge on this board. I encourage you to become a member.
good luck, and ask away
Mike
Old 11-12-2001, 07:33 PM
IceBlueSC
AutoX

Welcome to the family! The SCs make for great daily drivers. Tell us more...how many miles on the car? Post a couple of pics. Red is a good colour...but I am partial to blue (specifically Ice Blue!) myself:

Final note: Have a blast and drive the car!!
Old 11-12-2001, 09:24 PM
StanV
Instructor

Congratulations & welcome,
The thrill doesn't wear off, you are going to really enjoy your car! BTW, there isanother colour, specifically wine red metallic .
I have had my '82SC Targa for just a few months, and have found the members of this board very knowledgeable and helpful. I also would encourage you to become a member.
Have fun!
Old 11-12-2001, 10:50 PM
vwmike333
3rd Gear

Thanks for the warm welcome! It's got 100k miles, runs purr-fect, no drips, new tires all around, new factory plug wires, has tensioner update done, flawless repaint to original color, excellent condition inside and out, Momo Competition wheel, 16" black/ polished Fuchs, Carbon-fiber shift ****(have original), newly-installed alarm, dark tint on windows, all defects are minor(lucky me!), always garaged and properly maintained, drives tight like a new car. Everything works, except heater blower and fog lights. This car is more than I ever dreamed of having and I am grateful for the opportunity to live my dream!
Old 11-12-2001, 11:39 PM
Tom Sharpes
Advanced

Hi Mike !
That car and location looks REAL familiar !!
I saw your car at the OCR breakfast but I didn't know who owned it. Very nice car and unique color !

Tom Sharpes
90 C2 Targa
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Quick Reply: A Porsche 911 FNG