Fuse diagram for '88 911 Carrera

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 09:24 PM
makken
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse diagram for '88 911 Carrera

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone has a fuse / wiring diagram for the 1988 911 Carrera. I just took a look at the fuse box and noticed that a lot of them are near failing.

Also, does anyone know where i can get those fuses?

Thanks a lot.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:04 PM
ron mcatee
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How can you tell if they are near failure? A fuse is either good or bad. I have found some of the glass ones on my domestic cars that have had the seal broken and you couldn't see it, but that is a rare event. The ones you want are the ceramic VW type in Red, Blue, White, and Yellow. Good luck on finding the Yellow because I have only found them in the fuse package at Autozone, Pep Boys, or other auto supply stores and then there is usually only one per package. I found a dune buggy shop here in San Antonio and they ordered me a two dozen. The thing to do if the fuses look bad or are dark in color and have not blown already is to remove it (or them) and use a fine wire brush or very fine Crocus cloth to clean the ends (make them shiny again). The reinstall them. If you want new ones you get them in packages at Autozone, Pep Boys, or other auto supply stores.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:53 PM
KCinBR
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have scanned a copy of the fuse chart on my 88 carerra and will send it to you if you need. I have tried to attach it to this reply but cant make it work.
Also I bought fuses on Ebay, ther are some lissted now the item # is

email me if you want the fuse chart, Kcinbr@charter.net

Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,KC

Quick Reply: Fuse diagram for '88 911 Carrera