Old 12-01-2005, 06:47 AM
henri40
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with the Seatbelt ****!!

Hi

Is there any way to turn this chiming noise off ( apart from the obvious of
strapping myself in)??

Is there a specific fuse to remove, and if so does anyone know which one?

TIA

Harry

(BTW, before you feel tempted, I know that the easiest solution is to strap in )
Old 12-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Barry A. Waters
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Harry,

What's the problem with wearing the belts? You've got a serious performance car (I'm assuming an air cooled 911 since your post doesn't say). Astronauts do it! Fighter pilots do it! Lemans winners do it! Weekend racers do it! So why not join the club?

Seriously, when properly worn, belts work and work well in 95%+ of most crash cases. If there are belt size or age issues, vendors can help with quality stuff. You can get into alot of problems really fast in such a fast car. It can also happen to you at zero speed due to some other person's mistake.

Harry - Rennlist is like a family and, although we can have our differences, we'd pretty much like to see all members of the family keep themselves (and those around them) safe and sound.

I don't know your reasons for not wanting the alarm to chime (assuming it's working properly) but if it's because you don't prefer wearing seatbelts I'd strongly suggest you reconsider. We'd like you to be around for a long time and wearing belts is VERY much in our favor towards such and end!

Remember - in 1970 the ACO & FIA dropped the classic Lemans start and went to a 'driver in car' start to insure drivers were belted up before the battle began, and your daily drive/commute is much more dangerous than the 24Hrs they had to endure.

Just food for thought.

Barry
Old 12-05-2005, 01:13 AM
fixnprsh
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

you should strap yourself in.....that will fix it for sure.......................I'm easily tempted.

but I'm sure the going through the windsheild and 600*C temp that your skin reaches skidding on asphalt (If you survive) is a great pay off for the comfort you recive from not wearing it.

I had a friend who they pulled (most of him anyway) out from under the dash of his 98 SS Camaro from a totaly survivable altercation with a tree.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:24 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally, I feel like I'm going to just fly around the car if I don't have my belt on. I rarely notice it's on except when I'm offroad in my Jeep on a hill and the belt catches and won't let me lean forward.

If I knew the answer to the question, I'd be glad to let you know, but I honestly have no idea how to disable that dinger.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:37 PM
rbcsaver
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

They say there aren't any stupid questions, but this one is close. Wear your seat belt, save your life.
regards,
Steve
Old 12-06-2005, 12:15 AM
Noel
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What about the old saying of being "Thrown to safety?" I love that one. Natural selection at work.

henri40, I hope you make it to henri41.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:58 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

"Help with the Seatbelt ****!!".... (12-01-2005, 11:47 AM) Your words.

Harry,.
Your concerns, are one topic but so show discretion in your description of your seatbelt wording,. Some Europeans, including my wife a German, from Hamburg, could be shocked by your lack of finesse in your dilemma. Some words are better left unsaid,. Sir, allow me as an American living in Europe to educate you,. Yes, there are PC screens in this part of the world,. Many People World Wide, Europeans and Americans do not have to be reminded of the tragedies of past wars, by your lack of not better wording,.. ""Seatbelt ****!!.."",...Try harder, surly you can do better ....

PS. Internet etiquette best describes my message to you,..

Last edited by MARC A. 964 C4; 12-06-2005 at 02:01 AM.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:17 AM
theclaw
Advanced

I rolled my '92 Ford Explorer with my wife (expecting) as a passenger. We ended up on her side, her arm slightly scraped by broken glass. Without seatbelts we could be dead. Don't be stupid.

As for the "****" comment. Many of our European brothers may not know the Seinfeld episode that made the "Soup ****" famous. As a result, there are a lot of XXX ****'s around and its meant as a humorous rub. For those offended, our apologies. But the PC movement in the US is getting out of hand so get a grip.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Help with the Seatbelt Nazi!!