Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Help selecting a hydraulic car lift

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 05:44 PM
Austin1
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adrian,
I did a Rennlist "private message" the other day with the info for the supplier/installer. I didn't see your email address linked; my email is realaustin@hotmail.com
Austin
Old 06-24-2003, 07:23 PM
Don.
Advanced

So how is the HF lift? They don't have a whole lot of info on it. How much does it weight? Does it have several heights where you can lock it in place for safety? I believe the bend-pak/snap-on scissors lifts do this. At under a kilobuck its very, very tempting for a 911 owner. Plus, since its smaller that a sheet of plywood, it should be fairly portable.

The only other thing that would be nice is if it ran off 110V instead of 220V. I seem to remember an older version of the HF lift that ran off of 110V/15amp vs. 220V/7amp.

The HF lift basically looks like an inexpensive knock off of the bendpak/snapon units(~$1800). Hey, as long as its welded properly I think there's one in my future.

Regards,
Don
Old 06-27-2003, 12:12 AM
911SOUK
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The HF unit IS a knockoff. It does run off 110VAC (HF ad is incorrect and so is some part of the manual..prob. was a 220VAC model at one point), and it has four stops/safety positions. For less than 1G and free shipping it is an excellent deal.

It is about 650lbs with wheels and a dollie for moving around..though not easy..

I love my lift. AS much time as I spend in the garage, it may be the most useful tool. I performed a motor drop with it, and I very well could have done a motor with trans drop. Just watch your weight distribution. As with most power tools, caution is your best friend.
Old 06-27-2003, 12:13 AM
911SOUK
Advanced

And the steel looks like =/>3/8 inch thick with very good looking welds.
Old 06-27-2003, 05:02 PM
Don.
Advanced

Thanks for the info 911SOUK. 650lbs! Now I just have to figure out hot to get it from work (where I have things delivered) to my garage. Hopefully it comes in several pieces.

Regards,
Don
Old 06-27-2003, 07:33 PM
911SOUK
Advanced

Nope! Only thing loose in the shipment was the pump unit. Lift was in a single unit. I made HF hire a secondary shipper to pick my lift up from the Yellow Freight terminal for delivery to my house..drove it up the drive with a forklift. It's FREE!

Yellow Freight called and said I can come pick up my 800lbs package..HA! I said call HF and work it out with them or send it back. I paid for the unit w/ free delivery to MY HOUSE. Ha! Well, they fixed it. And the crate that the lift came in only listed 625lbs or so.

Good luck. A buddy did my brakes for me while I was rebuild my CIS in about 1 hour. All four corners, new Ferodos and new fluid..cheap labor..but would have been a long job without the lift.

Quick Reply: Help selecting a hydraulic car lift