Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

victory motor cars

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 09:25 AM
gsmith660
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

motormeister does their PPI inspections now, saw where they penned the deal in Mad magazine on a back page ad.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:04 AM
T951
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There are certain dealers and service providers that, over the years, have EARNED a reputation. Motormeister, The ToyBox, VM are a quick three.

I already have a 911, but if I was looking for a new one and saw the vehicle "tainted" by any of the above companies I would pass. Reputation goes both ways. I would gladly pay a premium for something when the reputation is good.

My mechanic made a mistake on my engine and it leaked oil. I told him about it, and he fixed it......
I didn't tell him about it for well over a month (travelling, etc). I coudn't bring it in for another couple of months, and he fixed it for free. He could have easily said, this car hasn't been here in months...but he was a man of honor and took care of it.

I will ONLY use him from now on. He EARNED it.

VM has nice words, but I have yet to hear them do anything to assist others. Some may have purchased nice cars from them, but what of the others that didn't. Those are the ones that can help distinguish VM from other dealers. Alas, I have yet to hear of one of those.

Sorry VM, the damage is done. Not only will I not buy a car from you, I would warn my friends not to as well....
Old 05-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Here are a couple of questions, why buy cars under one eBay name and sell them under another? Why buy stamped service books from eBay? Why leave sold cars on your website for months after they’re gone? Why not address the facts shown that you are in bed with a couple local PPI shops? Why come on forums and pose as a satisfied client? Why when asked about common problems such as the CEL issues with a 993 would you deny ever hearing about them? The list is endless. Why make bogus threats via what may or may not be a real attorney to people on forums? You have threatened myself and others in this manner for speaking about our experiences with you and voicing them here.

From where I sit you use every sleazy used car sales trick in the book. That’s fine, that’s a choice you made based on your experience and business practices the down side is you sold out any shot at a good reputation. Live with it.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:25 AM
pchak
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Being in the market for a 911, I come across VM cars all the time in my searches. I've also read all of the reports/horror stories from members here, Pelican, etc. Knowing that, I contacted VM regarding one car that I really liked. I found they were asking about $5K more than anything else that I had seen, even if it would have cleared PPI. The car (plus a similiar one) had been on eBay a number of times and bidding always stalls in right about the same spot, proving what the market will bear. We have a dealer here that offers some beautiful, low-mileage cars at a premium. As much as I like the folks and trust them for what they sell, I am unfortunately not their customer, as I will not pay for a garage queen. I want a hi-mi, maintained enthusiasts car. My point is, if I wouldn't shop locally for such a car, I certainly wouldn't buy one from someone with enough of a car mill reputation as VM. I would bet that most of the cars they sell do not have problems, but the point is, there's no due dilligence on their part to find out, and they seem to represent all the cars the same.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:41 PM
salukijac
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As one that was in the market a few months ago and considering buying a car from a Porsche dealer, I did a lot of research to find out any available info out there. There were 3 dealerships that showed a good inventory; Holt, TruSpeed and Victory. Two out of those three had a good reputation with folks here and Pelican. The one that didn't was Victory.

Holt and TruSpeed must be doing something different than Victory that deserve such high reputation in these two forums.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:39 PM
gsmith660
Instructor

I just did a search and he has a campaign out in all the car forums using various aliases like lucaagostino or some such and one guy traced his IP add. to vietnam. I think he is trying to flood the forums with positive remarks about VMC to counter the neg.
http://forums.automobilemag.com/70/6...ars/index.html
Old 05-13-2009, 03:56 PM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Has anyone read anything remote regarding positive feedback/referrals about Victory?

John
Old 05-13-2009, 04:07 PM
gsmith660
Instructor

Not that appear to be legit.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Dan_N
Advanced

As a buyer of used Porsches and someone in marketing, I guess you can use the following as customer research and professional advice:

If your customer dissatisfaction rate is less than 1%, then take care of those customers directly and promptly. If you convert a negative customer into an evangelist for you, the weight and more importantly credibility is 10 fold. Unfortunately, people with gripes tend yell the louder than satisfied customers. Of the 99% representing 10,000 customers, I don't see many coming to your defense—just pointing out a data point, not taking a position.

In terms of your business model, you stated a "glass house" approach at your state of the art facility with checklists/service/experts in place to deal with questions and concerns. Has your success been attributed to building trust for folks who inherently don't want the "risk" of buying a used Porsche? Your company charges more but it's assumed the premium is in place to reduce/eliminate risk. When a customer feel they over-paid for a sub-par product, it's a natural reaction to scream “I got ripped off”. How a company deals with those customers will determine their long-term success.

So are you a "fair product at a fair price" (which is a budget position) company or a premium priced company for a meticulously vetted product (which is a quality position)? You take both positions in your letter.

I have purchased 3 Porches in the last 5 years. 1 from a dealership (paid too much, but well sorted out). 1 from a smaller Porsche-specialized dealer (fair price, but had to dump money into it). Last purchase was a private sale (will go this route from now on).

Best of luck to all.

Last edited by Dan_N; 05-13-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: I'm no proofreader...
Old 05-13-2009, 05:26 PM
butzip
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

All I can say is, buyer beware. Dealers have overhead to cover, they will command a premium as a result. The dealer makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, you think their going to do right and automatically assume their cars will be superior to one from a private party, that is a mis-conception. Dealers make it easy, if you want easy, you expose yourself to getting burned. Do your damn homework, make an informed decision and NEVER BUY ANYTHING SIGHT UNSEEN. Common sense people, I don't care if a PPI is done or not, they overlook all sorts of stuff that would drive me nuts.

I don't know Robert at all, I see VM ads and think Wow! that's a nice set up, great staging and presentation but you're not buying the nice showroom and banner on the wall and pics lie even with all the fluorescent lighting in the world. As long as there are victims to be had, there will be predators to eat them up. Law of the jungle baby. I'd rather buy from an individual with a conscience that has lived with the car. Most folks are decent and honest, however when it's business and your livelyhood, profit is #1.

Robert if you're half-assing cars and not representing them truely then you can't be surprised that it goes public. Unfortunately, it may truely be a small percentage of his customers that blow this out of proportion. There's no way of telling........ Buyer beware.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:11 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,114 Likes on 796 Posts

well on the other side of the coin ..i would certainly take my car to victory to be detailed
Old 05-13-2009, 06:17 PM
gsmith660
Instructor

Some of your parts may end up in one of their cars, nicely detailed though
Old 05-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Trader220
Here are a couple of questions, why buy cars under one eBay name and sell them under another? Why buy stamped service books from eBay? Why leave sold cars on your website for months after they’re gone? Why not address the facts shown that you are in bed with a couple local PPI shops? Why come on forums and pose as a satisfied client? Why when asked about common problems such as the CEL issues with a 993 would you deny ever hearing about them? The list is endless. Why make bogus threats via what may or may not be a real attorney to people on forums? You have threatened myself and others in this manner for speaking about our experiences with you and voicing them here.

From where I sit you use every sleazy used car sales trick in the book. That’s fine, that’s a choice you made based on your experience and business practices the down side is you sold out any shot at a good reputation. Live with it.

Robert N... I guess you are working the hit and run tactic and wont address any questions? Classy

Quick Reply: victory motor cars