Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

NY/NJ/CT FALL FUN RUN: Sunday, November 6 at 9:00 a.m. WHO'S COMING?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 04:31 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NY/NJ/CT FALL FUN RUN: Sunday, November 6 at 9:00 a.m. WHO'S COMING?

Hey guys,

I thought it would be smart to start a new thread for this event. Adam and I have been so busy, so sorry for the delay.

We will be meeting at approx. 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, November 6th at the rest stop near exit 5 on the Palisades Parkway. For the newbies, and yes, we encourage you to attend, the meeting spot is actually in the middle of the highway so both sides can access it. It is a short distance from exit 5, and you can't miss it. You must exit from the left lane to enter the station.

Once there, you will see a commuter lot with a gas station with all sorts of goodies. Donuts, coffee, etc. (no, I'm not a cop).

I figure we can depart at about 10:00 a.m. That will give us time to have a meet and greet, and let all of the late sleepers arrive as well. But get there earlier if possible.

When we depart, we'll head North on the Palisades and eventually toward New Paltz, and end up at the Brauhaus again for a lunch (unless someone has a better suggestion). They were good last time, and it was easy to find. I'll post the final set of directions in the next day or so, but I'll bring copies as well.

I am cross posting this here and on Rennlist in hopes of getting a nice turnout. The weather should get to the high 60's, with all sun, so we lucked out. I hope the forecast holds. Please feel free to pass this along to other "fun" cars, as last time we had some F-cars, a Lambo, and some Vipers (and that was on a rainy day). I think we had approx 45 or 50 cars earlier this year. Let's try to top that.

Please feel free to chime in so we can keep this thread on the top page.

Drive safely,
Jon Ripps
Old 11-02-2005, 06:52 PM
gt3racerich
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

My wife and I are will be there.(water cooled carsO.K.?) Where is exit 5 ? Do the exits go up from the G. W. Bridge? Thanks, Rich
Old 11-02-2005, 06:54 PM
gt3racerich
Racer

Anyone from Long Island want to meet on the Expressway?
Rich
Old 11-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Just happened to come across this thread. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it on Sun. however.

How often do you guys meet?

Have fun!
Old 11-02-2005, 11:53 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Hi Rich,

Stay in the right lane over the GWB and get on the Palisades Parkway. Stay on for about 15 miles (give or take) towards exit 5. The exits go up (first exit after the bridge is exit 1). You 'll be in NJ as soon as you cross the bridge and you'll enter NY before you hit exit 5. Can't remember if the gas station is before or after the exit, but it's the only gas station on the parkway (besides the one just after the bridge). Just keep an eye out for the signs. Looking forward to meeting.

Best,
Old 11-03-2005, 04:42 PM
gt3racerich
Racer

Thanks Jon
Can you get to the Gas Station going southbound on the Palisades as well? It has been a while since I have been on the Cross Bronx Expressway towards the G.W.B. I remember it having deep ruts that the tires ride in and being higher in the middle. My car is low and I think I might have some clearance problems. I might go over the Tappan Zee, then head south to the gas station unless anyone knows that the Cross Bronx is not like that any more.
Thanks, Rich
Old 11-03-2005, 11:15 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Hi Rich,

Not sure about the cross bronx, but yes, you can access the gas station from both Northbound and Southbound on the Palisades.

Best,
Old 11-03-2005, 11:32 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Jon,

I'm going to try and make it Sunday. I'm leaving for VIR thursday (D.E. 11/11 - 13), so I may have to pass on the fun run.

BTW, there's a good micro-brew/burger place in New Paltz (the name escapes me right now - golden fox or something like that?). If the weather's good, we can sit outside.

Hope to see you. If I can't make it, you guys have a great fun drive.

Richard
Old 11-03-2005, 11:38 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Hi,

Just a note to let all you know we have approx. 20 cars, so the more, the merrier. Richard, would be great to have you again, even though you're a "bad influence".......hah hah. Have fun at VIR.

Regards,
Old 11-05-2005, 09:47 AM
dougpt10
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rich, why not try the Bruckner around to the GW? Might be easier.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:40 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gt3racerich
Anyone from Long Island want to meet on the Expressway?
Rich
Hey Rich, just joined Rennlist but im on 6speed all the time.. They posted on there and i might meet up with a guy on the way in Manhattan but wanted someone to ride with from LI.. If your interested in meeting up, let me know anytime tonight.. Im off exit 51 in Dix Hills, yes i will be coming in my SC M3 because it is not sold yet, didnt get my 996tt yet lol, but alot of people want to see my car.. Give me a call at 631-767-9536 if you get this in time.

Martin

EDIT: Its about midnight and no one has responded or called, hopefully if one of you LI guys check this tomorrow give me a call anytime in the morning so we could meet up and head out

Last edited by iLLM3; 11-06-2005 at 12:56 AM.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:54 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey all, my 911 is stored already but I will be there in a caddy XLR just for laughs.. say hi and dont pick on me!
Old 11-06-2005, 07:16 PM
gt3racerich
Racer

Hi Martin
Did not see your post last night or we could have met up. You have a real nice car.(I'm the guy that asked you about the NOS solenoid in front of the car) We can meet up some time in the future.
Rich
Old 11-06-2005, 07:45 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gt3racerich
Hi Martin
Did not see your post last night or we could have met up. You have a real nice car.(I'm the guy that asked you about the NOS solenoid in front of the car) We can meet up some time in the future.
Rich
Sure thing Rich, sorry i couldnt meet everyone and put a face to their names on Rennlist and 6speed lol.. Whenever you want to we can meet up, get a photoshoot going or for a drive. You were in the Yellow GT3?? I definitely want a ride man . Anyway hopefully we'll meet up before i sell the car, after today i dont even want to but then those porsches are just too gorgeous as well. This is such a tough decision

BTW it was nice meeting whoever is on this board, very cool group of people

Martin
Old 11-07-2005, 01:45 AM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Any pics?

Quick Reply: NY/NJ/CT FALL FUN RUN: Sunday, November 6 at 9:00 a.m. WHO'S COMING?