Replacement Door Pockets

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 06:58 PM
jhladousa
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Door Pockets

Hi All -

I am in the process of getting my 75 911s Targa repainted and as they took arpart the doors, the door pockets basically disentegrated. I am looking for a replacement set (fiberglass) and will have them recovered. My current door pockets are leather covered (silver anniversary car).

I found a set of fiberglass replacements on Pelican for $269 per door and then found a set at Mid America Motorworks for $199 for the pair. Anybody know why the giant price difference or have any suggestions as to other places to look?

Thanks!!
Old 10-22-2005, 07:04 PM
LaughaC
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mid America Motorworks web site seems to be down, but thanks for the tip. I obviously have no experience with them and will watch this thread to hear about their quality and reputation.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:15 PM
scottb
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I met a guy at this year's German Auto Fest. We had a long discussion about fiberglass door pockets, and I was very impressed with him. Here's a link to his website. I'm sure he'll be able to take good care of you.

www.autobahninteriors.com

Whatevery you do, stay away from Original Fit Interiors. Ask me why....

Good luck.

Scott
Old 10-23-2005, 04:48 PM
jhladousa
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apparantly Mid America Motorworks door pockets were overstock they were tyring to get rid of. So....by the time I called, they were all gone already and he had no idea when or if they would ever get any more in. Oh well....

Quick Reply: Replacement Door Pockets