Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

my new 87(911)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 09:44 PM
joey c
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my new 87(911)

well i am finally able to get on line.if you guys remember,got car last week..i am now in europe for 2 weeks on business...the day i left,the glass on the side view mirror fell off and broke.to replace this,i just buy the glass(flat)..whats left is the black backing.maybe the adhesive dryed out or its just 18years old.how do i put the glass on?
had car on alift,i have a broken axel boot.210bucks...is that ok for both boots.might as well do the other.
i also have a bent wheel in the rear,the car is driving fine since balance
and alignment,but i do want it fixed.they are a gold bbs style rim...looks nice with gaurds red,but i do want fuchs..WHat size should i get,and does anyone have a clue where to fine them..used would be fine
these are little things that i expected,so its fine...the tranny,motor,brakes,body are great.thanks for the help,joey
Old 10-06-2005, 11:17 PM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joey,
Welcome to 911 ownership - the mirror falling apart is just the car's way of saying "Hi! Who the F are you?" Since you just split w/o fixing it, the other side will probaby fall off upon your return. The Bentley 911 Manual (84-89) has the procedure.

You might as well do both boots - maybe the lobro joints should be rebuilt, too (depends on history & mileage - they need it every 100K or so). Slightly bent rims can be straightened. Fuchs (16") are always for sale; rennlist, pelican, ebay; 6s & 7s are not too high, 8s & 9s (rears) are less plentiful & more $s.
enjoy Europe!
Old 10-07-2005, 01:31 AM
ThePointman
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump

Quick Reply: my new 87(911)