Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Targa window stop replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 12:49 AM
Porschenut_Lee
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Targa window stop replacement

These are the small pieces of rubber that prevent the window from being rolled up too high and disturbing the targa top side seals. Unfortunately mine are torn and need replacement. The window stops have two legs that are fastened to the "fixed vent" window frame. One leg is positioned horizontally and is attached with two small screws. The other leg is positioned vertically and is attached with small rivets. My question is how to remove the rivets on the vertical leg. I assume that I need to drill these out, however figured I would ask before I made a mess. Has anyone replaced these before?

Thanks,

Lee
Old 10-03-2005, 08:23 PM
steve911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lee--
I did this last year on my driver's side. Yes, the rivets need to be drilled out, which isn't that hard, as they are made of copper (or something else equally soft). The tricky issue was getting the new rivets in place -- I ended up having my local upholstery shop do it for me. I ended up removing the vent window frame when doing this as mine needed to be adjusted as well. A PITA job, but worthwhile once done.

Pelican thread I started last year on this:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...ga+vent+window
Old 10-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Lee: Those are not window stops. Yes, the window stops against them, but the actual stop height has to be adjusted with a small metal device that's part of the window regulator. Door panel removal is necessary, it's a bit of a job but once done it makes for a nice, tidy seal. It also encourages you to remove your finger/thumb from the switch a couple milliseconds before the regulator drives into its stop!
Pete

Quick Reply: Targa window stop replacement