Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Can Child seats be fitted in a Carrera 3.2?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2002, 05:01 AM
Leonard
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Can Child seats be fitted in a Carrera 3.2?

Is it possible to fit child seats into the rear of a 1987 Carrera 3.2? Whats the best way to get them in?

Thanks in advance for your response.
Old 09-23-2002, 06:52 AM
Ed Bighi
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
My 18 month old niece has been riding around in a Porsche Prince seat in the back of my sister's carrera. The seat fits in there perfectly. The minimum weight for those is 10 lbs and good until 4 yrs of age. I don't know if you can get those in the US. I picked this seat up last time I was in Brazil at the dealership. I'll check it out and let you know if they are available here. Here is the link for the Porsche seats in the british tequipment catalog. <a href="http://www.porsche.co.uk/english/gbr/accessories/911teq/safety/kindersitze.htm" target="_blank">www.porsche.co.uk/english/gbr/accessories/911teq/safety/kindersitze.htm</a>
Old 09-23-2002, 07:12 AM
Leonard
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ed

Thanks for the info. I was actually looking to find out if anyone has tried fitting child seats into the older 911s like the 3.2?

I know for sure that I would be able to fit a child seat in the newer cars from the 964s onwards but am unsure about whether they fit in older cars.
Old 09-23-2002, 02:48 PM
Chris Blum
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've always heard that given the rear engine and two door configuration of the 911, you are much safer putting car seats in the front. Pretty much any seat will fit in this manner; rear facing being the safest and best.

Porsche makes a car seat, but why waste the money when you can get a more up to date product for less geld?

Quick Reply: Can Child seats be fitted in a Carrera 3.2?