Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

what did I screw up (literally)?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 12:54 PM
aschen
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post what did I screw up (literally)?

Well, I finally got my new rear deck from original fit interiors after waiting 4 Mo.
It actually looks good and is a great fit. Unfortunately I was a bit of a moron while
Installing it. I drilled a hole in the lower part of the firewall on the driver’s side. the hole is a few inches above the bottom of the lugage seats. When
I put the screw in, there was a hissing sound as if I had punctured some pressurized line.
The car still seems to run fine. Any Ideas on what I damaged. I figured it must be a freon line. I can’t really tell because the air condition barely worked to begin with. Any input would be much appreciated. Ps the car is an 84 turbo as stated in my signature.
Thanks Aaron
Old 09-23-2002, 03:09 PM
scottb
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Air conditioning lines run along the wheelwheels and down under the car. Sounds to me like you nicked one of them. Jack the car up and take a look. The good news is that if that is what you did then the driveability of the car isn't harmed. The bad news is that it's a royal pain to replace the hoses. I changed all of mine out, and it took at least 12 hours (spread out over three evenings).

I hope this helps.

Quick Reply: what did I screw up (literally)?