Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

engine will not turn over...help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 06:51 PM
jeff bryant
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi harry...i do have fuel but no spark, confirmed.....i need the specs for my coil('84 carrera 3.2) so i can check/test everything properly.... everthing else checks out, all grounds, relays (including the DME relay), fuel issues, etc....i'm just not getting a spark. i did find that the alram guys wired my siren into the positive lead to my coil and my haynes repair manual specifically states not to wire anything into the positive lead, especially an alarm system....thanks!
Old 11-12-2001, 09:43 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
Jeff,

I looked through my manuals and couldn't find any reference for the 84 besides having it tested by the dealer. Fat lot of help that is. I do know that if the alarm install grounded the coil as part of the anti theft, you could of used the car for a long time before the anti theft circut was activated by the alarm. That would ground out the ignition to keep it from starting (seems to be working quite well for that task...) and frying your coil in the process. You may want to check with Steve Weiner or one of the guys with a full factory manual set.

good luck, let us know how it turns out.
Old 11-12-2001, 09:59 PM
jeff bryant
AutoX

yea...i'm leaning toward the coil...i spoke with tom charlesworth tonight and he thinks the coil is fired but that the (ugh!) control unit/DME may also be fried....i'll buy a new coil and see what happens, thanks!
Old 11-12-2001, 11:08 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
Jeff,

Ya know I would be having an interesting conversation with the guys that installed that alarm....
Old 11-13-2001, 09:51 AM
jeff bryant
AutoX

yep! but i'm not sure what they will do, it was installed a few years ago and i'm now living in another state....we'll see.

Quick Reply: engine will not turn over...help!!!