Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911SC Targa For Sale in RI

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 11:55 PM
BRB-83-911SC
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts
Default 911SC Targa For Sale in RI

For anyone in the market: I spotted a nice looking Silver SC Targa next to my office on a small lot in East Providence RI today. It looks to be an '80 or '81 as it has an 85mph speedometer. No visible rust or damage, nice paint, very nice interior. Looks to be complete and original. It shows 195k on the odometer. I did not look at it that closely, and have no idea about the mechanical condition, hidden rust or damage, etc.

If anyone would like more info, or the phone number for the car lot, let me know. I might stop by again anyway to have a closer look, and to see what the asking price is - just out of curiosity .

PS - usual disclaimer - I have no association with the seller or financial interest in this car.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:39 AM
dsmGST91
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian, If you find out the asking price, let me know.

-Steve
Old 08-25-2005, 11:40 PM
BRB-83-911SC
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts

Took a closer look today and spoke with the owner. It is a '78, and that was not an 85mph speedometer that I saw, but a KPH speedometer, and the mileage is 193,000 kilometers. So, I suppose it is a Euro spec, with US spec lights. Canadian maybe? It also has no AC and manual windows. Upon closer look, it is nicer than I had thought. The current owner runs an auto upholstery business, and sells some used cars as well. He has owned this car twice, most recently for the past 10 years and it only goes out on nice days. It has a very nice 10 year old silver paint job, clean black Fuchs, and a nearly mint interior, except for a worn steering wheel. He has reupholstered the seats, made all new carpets, and recovered the targa top. The dash is perfect, as are the door panels. He has receipts for an engine rebuild from some time in the past. He started it up, and it sounded very good, with no smoke on start-up. It is not a show car, but an extremely clean driver.

He dirves the car to his shop on nice days, and doesn't seem too anxious to sell, but said he is asking $19,500. Interesting car, complete and un-molested. Contact Steven Sullivan at 401-438-7080.

PS - so nice was his work on the seats and carpet, I am going to have him look at my car's interior.

Quick Reply: 911SC Targa For Sale in RI