Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

f*cking cat

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 01:05 PM
DB_NC_95C2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default f*cking cat

I could kill it. My garage is air conditioned, and I often don't close the windows or sunroof when I pull the SC in. My cat has an annoying habit of running into or out of the garage when she sees the door open. Apparently she was lurking around outside and when I pulled in last night she snuck in and I didn't know it. This morning I was backing the SC out and I noticed a tuft of white fur on the cloth sunroof surround, then I looked to the right above the passenger seat and there was a f*cking 6"tear in the headliner. I figured she must have jumped up through the sunroof and used her back legs for traction and tore through it. Being 22 years old, the headliner is somewhat brittle despite me conditioning it with Klasse vinyl treatment after buying the car in June. I thought black duct tape might do the trick but it won't stick at all. Does anyone have any ideas ? The headliner is pulled away from the passenger side of the sunroof opening, and the 6" tear is in the headliner to the right of the sunroof opening. I thought I might try postal clear packing tape which is very sticky to secure the rip and keep it from spreading, and then Loctite "ca" glue to secure the headliner to the sunroof opening. I can't afford the cost or downtime of a headliner replacement, we're just moving into the nicest drive-time of the year in NC (autumn)...

Any ideas are welcome ! Thanks!
Old 08-24-2005, 01:09 PM
My87Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

double sided tape maybe?? i used that on the lineing of my targa top for a temp fix and it worked.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:24 PM
911Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd sew the rip closed with thread. It would look much better than tape and it won't fall off. Use rubber cement or weatherstrip adhesive to glue the loose area in place.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:36 PM
papaya9
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you should unload the car immediately. How much will you be asking for it if you do?
Old 08-24-2005, 01:37 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

First i would kill the cat, then find a vinyl repair kit. there are some pretty high quality kits you can get. If your headliner is black you have it made. Any other color and you could still dye the vinyl repair spot to match somewhat close. Just googlevinyl repair kit and find what best suits you. I've used one to repair a tear in a vinyl M iata top that last about 2 years, and it was at the most stressfull point on the side bolster of the top. Do it inside and out for best results if you can take it down a bit. If not, I think you could still make do. Good luck
Old 08-24-2005, 01:47 PM
redidrum
Pro

I agree with papaya. The car has to go. Way too much stress on you to deal with keeping the car with a cat all over it,. You'll never sleep. How much are you asking for it with the Huge tear? Just kdding... The cat must be poisened. Kitty food dipped in Trichlorethylene. Duct tape the roof and have a beer. Doh!
Old 08-24-2005, 01:53 PM
JCP911S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I say glue the cat to the roof with vinyl repair...it would be like those Garfield suction cups.... except real.... very edgy, very rad...
Old 08-24-2005, 02:03 PM
Alan Herod
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Maybe the cat has done you a favor. That headliner only adds weight and deadens sound - now you must remove it and install a cage. Since you are making those modifications, strip out the rest of the useless weight.

If you must keep it as a street car, I concur with extermination suggestions as a first step. In the winter that cat might be leaving prizes in the car. Although little people and SO (if there are any) might not agree. If the top is that brittle, the aforementioned vinyl repair tape might work.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:09 PM
TMH
Addict
Rennlist Member

It looks like you need the automatic sunroof closing option like on the Ford SportKa:

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=6491

I don't know what it is about cats and vehicles, but they sure make themselves at
home on or in them - regardless of vehicle type. See attached image. And as of 2 days ago, we've got 4 of the little buggers.

Tom
Attached Images  
Old 08-24-2005, 02:12 PM
bourgeois911
Instructor

Skin the cat and use a staple gun to adhere the hide over the tear. This should serve as a warning to future feline intruders.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:26 PM
gmsracing
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My dad left the windows open in our SC and some cat came in the garage and peed all over the passenger floor boards! Nice.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:55 PM
My87Targa
Racer

dumb cats, sell the cat ivest in a dog much more fun
Old 08-24-2005, 02:58 PM
DarrylH
Burning Brakes

1. Cats rule.
2. Cars rule second.
3. Vinyl repair kits actually work pretty well.
4. Cats rule.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:00 PM
My87Targa
Racer

Originally Posted by DarrylH
1. Cats rule.
2. Cars rule second.
3. Vinyl repair kits actually work pretty well.
4. Cats rule.
false dogs OWN....but i have found a cat that kinda works in the middle, i have a mainecoon(sp?) cool cat its 30 lbs. looks like a mini lion, acts just like a dog.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:47 PM
Mysterytrain
Intermediate

Soprano Cat removal kit. Burlap bag, a brick and short length of rope. Insert cat in bag with brick. Tie off loose end of bag with rope and drop into lake, river or ocean. Have a few shots at the Bada Bing while a professional shop repairs your headliner. Deny everything.
Peace, Ron
www.mysterytrain.org

Quick Reply: f*cking cat