Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Ripped Off By A-1 Auto Transport

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 12:40 AM
RedS2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Ripped Off By A-1 Auto Transport

Recently, I sold a car to a fine gentlemen in Washington. My 944S had the best paint, interior, and sunroof of any car that I have. A-1 Auto Transport, based in Nevada, was contracted by the buyer to pick up and deliver the car. It left my driveway with sunroof intact and the total paint was really much better than any of my other fleet of 944's.

A-1 depot'd the car in Oakland Ca and delivered the car sans sunroof. I am really god damn mad some hophead **** with the keys ripped off the sunroof at the depot or during the trip. Now, we have to go through the hassle of reporting a substantial loss to the shipper.

I want the FBI to rip this shipper a new one and get that sunroof back. It was gorgeous inside and out. If any of you have a red/black sunroof, please contact me.

I need to help my buyer and I am so mad I can only think of extreme measures against these scum bags. Never do business with this car transporter company. One of their employees stole a sunroof from a locked car and that takes the keys. God knows what else they did to the car and now I and the buyer face a long legal hassle as to the car's condition.

If any of you have police contacts that can help us, please e mail me off line.
Old 09-21-2002, 03:03 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, I'm going to go use the restroom...
I purchased my (VERY MUCH LIKE NEW) '89 951 in July '02 and after consulting this board and others, I decided to drive to Colorado to purchase the car with my nephew driving my '86 944 back instead of having it shipped (to Michigan).

Guess who was my top choice for transporting the car (after a little price shopping)? You guessed it... A-1 AUTO TRANSPORT!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I'm going to go to the restroom...

Once again this board's listers have saved my butt.

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME FOR TALKING ME INTO GOING TO COLORADO AND PICKING IT UP PERSONALLY!!!!!!!

X0X0X0X0X0X0X (I'm getting all emotional)
Old 09-23-2002, 06:48 PM
Chris Blum
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How has A-1 handled the complaint? Did you ask them to make it right?

Quick Reply: Ripped Off By A-1 Auto Transport