Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Speedo Dash Light problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 04:07 PM
Porschenut_Lee
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Speedo Dash Light problem

When I pull my headlight **** to turn on my headlights from parking lights, the upper light bulb in my speedo gauge turns off leaving the lower bulb only to illuminate the gauge. When I push the **** to the parking light only setting, both the upper and lower bulbs in the gauge work. Any ideas? I would assume that I am getting a voltage drop across the circuit to that one bulb due to the headlights being switched on. Its kinda hard to see the speedo at night with just the lower bulb operational and I can't drive around at night with just my parking lights on. Well I could but I don't like handcuffs much.

Thanks in advance,

Lee
Old 08-17-2005, 08:54 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Lee: I think something is hooked up wrong. You should have a single green light AND white lights (2) with the park lights on. When you switch to headlights the green should turn off. I would guess that someone was trying to make them work and your park light warning lamp is plugged into an illumination socket.
Pete
Old 08-18-2005, 02:09 AM
Dan Cobb
The Ancient One
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I have recently had my speedo out, I will confirm Pete's suggestion. The green should ONLY illuminate with parking lights on, it will go out when the headlights are on, regardless of high/low beam setting.
+++
Old 08-18-2005, 11:05 AM
Porschenut_Lee
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

You hit it on the head guys. My green light was staying illuminated even with the headlights on. Thanks!

Lee

Quick Reply: Speedo Dash Light problem